In App upgrade on iPhone not reflected on iPad

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
mlwiller2
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: In App upgrade on iPhone not reflected on iPad

Post by mlwiller2 »

I upgraded my v17 from petrolhead to grand prix when it came out on my iphone 5. I just recently fired up my old 3gs with the same itunes account and would like to upgrade it from petrol to grand prix as well. If I attempt to do this via the in-app upgrade its warning me I'm going to be purchasing it again? Will it actually charge me even though I paid for it when I upgraded the app on my iphone5?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

You will not be charged again as long as your 3GS uses the same iTunesID like your iPhone5.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
magicaltrevor
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by magicaltrevor »

Just to complete this thread.

I had the same issue when I've just restored my iphone. Based on what I'd read I decided to risk 'buying' the upgrade again from within the app. It went through the process of appearing to charge me but then on the last step I it said I'd already paid for the upgrade and installed it.

If, for any reason, that you were to be charged then as Harry said, you can request a refund from Apple quite easily.