OBD Data recording: chart issue

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
sylvain007
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

OBD Data recording: chart issue

Post by sylvain007 »

The coolant temperature is now available and works well: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26&p=191&hilit=temperature#p191

But, when I record the data (water temperature or any other OBD data), it displays nicely the chart, expect that the scale is totally wrong (always 0-1) that make the chart useless unfortunately.

I tried with the speed via OBD, same issue (0-1 scale)

Any idea why?

Thanks
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OBD Data recording: chart issue

Post by Harry »

Hi,

For OBD, only throttle position, mass flow factor, rpm, and wheel speed are stored for diagrams. All other values (like water temperature) are displayed only. The bottom diagram looks strange as it does not even have a title. Which LapTimer version do you use? Can you please export the lap shown to .hlptrl format and send it to LapTimer@gmx.de for analysis? Thanks.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
sylvain007
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: OBD Data recording: chart issue

Post by sylvain007 »

Hi Harry,

I did not forget about you but I tried to save a good one. I did some tests, but I forgot to send them to you right away and now I can't find them back in the middle of all my recordings!!!

So, I just sent you an example by email. I hope it is one that will allow you to investigate why it never shows be the temperature curve on the iphone. Sounds like the OBD data that you can show live is not recorded (I did several tests, I was never able to have it well recorded).

I will try next week to do a better test (screen captures + data)

Sylvain