No Telemetry Data in Overlay

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
TobyinNJ
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

No Telemetry Data in Overlay

Post by TobyinNJ »

I’m using Harrys lap timer V23.0.6 on Iphone. I captured video with a Hero 7, copied it to the iphone and have the video and lap times uploaded and working nicely when I view them in the app. I see the video, lap times, g-force, corner, speed etc. However when I try to export a single lap using the Overlay feature, I get a single lap video appearing in my Iphone photo album, but none of the telemetry information. I have all the car details entered in Administration section and when I run the Overlay, it doesn’t give any errors. Any help greatly appreciated.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: No Telemetry Data in Overlay

Post by Harry »

Please see viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1693 for this known issue.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
freaknbigpanda
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by freaknbigpanda »

Has there been any progress on this? I see in the other topic that you were hopeful that iOS 13 would help. Did it end up helping?

I tried doing a factory reset of the camera because it was mentioned as a workaround but that didn’t seem to change anything. Overlays still don’t work.
freaknbigpanda
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by freaknbigpanda »

As an aside you should remove the hero 7 from the camera compatibility list until this issue is resolved because it is a very common use case. Most people will want to overlay data.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Do you have iOS13.2.2 installed? I do not have a HERO7 available for testing, so positive / negative confirmation by a user is appreciated.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Furbytom
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Furbytom »

I have exactly the same issue. No overlay of data when exporting using GoPro 7 and my iPhone. Any fix as yet for this? It’s very frustrating!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

As written in another thread, this is an incompatibility between the pixel format used by HERO7/8 (for certain non standard settings) and iOS. The workaround is to decode / encode the video using a standard resolution / fps / *and pixel format* before transferring the GoPro video to the phone. You need to use some video editor for this.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image