How to Recalculate / Verify Lap?

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
DapperDanMan
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

How to Recalculate / Verify Lap?

Post by DapperDanMan »

I recently purchased HLT and took it to a track event at Atlanta Motorsports Park.

Both of my ~15-minute sessions were recorded as a single lap. Through searching I found references to functionality where after altering some advanced settings I could try to use a recalculate menu and verify lap function to hopefully resolve the issue. Unfortunately I've been unable to find this functionality.

This is what my Data Recording section looks like for one of the laps.

What am I missing?

As a side note, I've been told by multiple sources that Harry's no longer works well at AMP, I'm hoping someone could look at the track data and see if there's anything obvious that needs to be corrected.

Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to Recalculate / Verify Lap?

Post by Harry »

Hello,

The technical functions have been moved down the view hierarchy. All the recalculate functions are now located in LapTimer ‣ Analysis ‣ Lap List ‣ any lap ‣ Fixes. Press the second icon in the bottom to get a list of recalculations available (including tire temperature simulation).

On AMP: according to the data you have sent in parallel, the S/F line for AMP is positioned perfectly. We will check driving direction as the second important parameter for trigger detection.
Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 10.51.49.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 10.51.49.png (1.9 MiB) Viewed 1224 times
- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hello,

We have found the problem with AMP... The problem is about the third split shortly ahead of s/f. Whenever LapTimer hits a tigger (like split or s/f), it pauses detection for 2 or 3 seconds. So the faster you driver, the higher the probability s/f will be missed because LapTimer is paused from split 3. The quick work around is to remove the Split 3 from the track set (Lap List ‣ ATLANTA MP ‣ Certified Track Set ‣ Split 3 ‣ Delete.

We will update the track set shortly and post it here on the forum and on Facebook. I see quite a lot of "multi lap times" in the Hall of Fame for AMP - so several users were affected.

I'm sorry and thanks for the feedback.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
mr.woz
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by mr.woz »

Im having a similar issue with a day at Cadwell Park. Ive followed the steps to increase to wide corridor all the way up to 200m and recalculated using the settings above but it is still not splitting my laps down. What is the issue here?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The AMP issue discussed occurs when recognizing laps in real time. It does not occur for Recalculate ‣ Verify Lap. In case increasing the corridor to 200m and Deviation Directed Trigger to 90 doesn't help, I assume the data quality is very bad. How does the line driven look for your Cadwell recording? Please have a look into Lap List ‣ your multi lap ‣ Data Recordings / Preview.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image