Combine multiple sessions into 1?

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
anthonymckay
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Combine multiple sessions into 1?

Post by anthonymckay »

One of my sessions yesterday showed up as 3 separate sessions, two of them with 3 laps, and one of them with 1 lap. I want to combine all of these into a single session so that I can export the entire session. Can't figure out how to do this or if it's even possible?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Combine multiple sessions into 1?

Post by Harry »

LapTimer combines laps into sessions by comparing the end of a lap's timestamp with the first timestamp of the following. In case there is a gap, the laps are considered part of separate sessions. There is an Expert Setting which allows you to specify a max gap size for this calculation. However, in case you want to export a continuous video (i.e. not just data), you need continuous data...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
steve.h
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by steve.h »

I'm having the same problem. In the past this hasn't been an issue, however lately, HLT seems to split a stint on the track into multiple sessions. There doesn't seem to be any logic behind when the sessions are split. Sometimes on the Start/Finish line, other times in the middle of the track. The only think I can see in common of when this happens is on days where there is a lot of rain and I'm driving much slower than usual because of the track conditions. For example, I see one twenty minute driving session logged as 5 sessions in HLT with lap counts of 2,1,3,1,6. Is there any other way to fix it after the fact, or better yet prevent it from happening in the first place ?

HLT v22.1.4 Grand Prix
Build Nov 28.2918 20.39.12
iPhone 5s, iOS 12.1.4
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The "logic" is described in my last post. Please check the timestamps of end of lap and the start of the following lap.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
steve.h
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by steve.h »

Here's an example of what I'm asking about. The attached screen shot shows two times where a session seems to be split into two parts however from the screen shot you can see that the times overlap between the sessions.
Attachments
IMG_0300-small.png
IMG_0300-small.png (82.93 KiB) Viewed 1265 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Interesting :-) Please export all recordings for Portland to .HLPTRL and send it to Harry@gps-laptimer.de. To do this, select any of the Portland laps, select the export icon in the bottom tool bar. In the Export dialog coming up, select Track as scope (should show 47 laps), and .HLPTRL as format.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image