Database stalls when converting - help

Help on issues you run into with LapTimer; in case you have a question on how to use LapTimer, use the forum "Using LapTimer" instead
Just_me
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Database stalls when converting - help

Post by Just_me »

I tried to use my HArry's at WGI this past week. Apparently the latest upgrade requires that the lap and GPS data be converted somehow. It proceeds, then stalls (at record 203,000). Since i must go through this step before HLT opens, i could not use it. I cant even get int to delete the old data.

HELP!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Database stalls when converting - help

Post by Harry »

To solve this, please let me know whether you are using iOS or Android.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Just_me
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Just_me »

Hi Harry, and thank you.

I was running iOS on an iPhone 6S. I tried to edit this post last night, but it was not listed nor available to me to edit. Last night, after I installed iOS 12, I re-tried Harry's Lap Timer. As it went through the conversion, I kept the screen and app awake, by continually touching the screen, as it "spun and spun" eventually, it progressed past the magic number of 213000 and completed. However, i tried this about 6 times in the Watkins Glen garages last week to no avail.

It seems poor design to have to go through a complicated and apparently failure/stall prone conversion to run the software *at all*.

G
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

In case LapTimer doesn't come up because it can't repair a data corruption, it is possible to start it in emergency startup. This will move the current database to a backup and reinstall the sample database again. This at least allows you to continue using LapTimer and restore the stall data later.

For iOS, you can trigger emergency startup from iOS ‣ Settings app ‣ LapTimer ‣ Expert Settings ‣ Emergency Startup.

It looks like LapTimer simply needed some more processing time for your situation. v22 is running a full data migration initially because it adds plenty of new channels.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Just_me
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by Just_me »

thank you harry. Good to know about the emergency startup