BMW iDrive connectivity

Discussions on all kinds of sensors (GPS, OBD, video/audio) and other accessories like mounts
leolebkuchen
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

BMW iDrive connectivity

Post by leolebkuchen »

Hi there,
Is there any intention of using the BMW iDrive vs iphone bluetooth connectivity in order to get the car's satnav GPS signal.
That means stronger GPS signal and that you don't need any suction mount in the windscreen which in my opinion isn't great.

Great app tho.

Leo
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BMW iDrive connectivity

Post by Harry »

Hi Leo,

The interface to iDrive is not published. I had a contact to Mini which do a lot in this area. I know that the data necessary (GPS and others) is available here. Again, it is not published.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
leolebkuchen
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by leolebkuchen »

When you say its not published does it mean you have no access to the data or you have not rights to use it?
Cheers
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

No documentation how to access.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
florency
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by florency »

How long in terms of mileage can an autogear box on a BMW lasts before it needs replacing or overhaul? I am planning on buying a used BMW 318i automatic (the shape from mid 1999). I have seen a lot of cheap ones but with high mileage (100k +). I just wondered how many more miles before the autogear box packs up or needs serious attention. Thanks.
Last edited by florency on Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

florency wrote:How long in terms of mileage can an autogear box on a BMW lasts before it needs replacing or overhaul? I am planning on buying a used BMW 318i automatic (the shape from mid 1999). I have seen a lot of cheap ones but with high mileage (100k +). I just wondered how many more miles before the autogear box packs up or needs serious attention. Thanks.
Hi,

This is off topic. The forum is on Harry's GPS Suite products, a series of iPhone apps. I'd recommend to go for some automobile / BMW specific forums for a question like this.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image