Which devices?

Discussions on all kinds of sensors (GPS, OBD, video/audio) and other accessories like mounts
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Which devices?

Post by Harry »

Hi Dave,

To get 5 Hz you need to add the high speed firmware first. Please check the Announcement area here in the forum, there is an article on 5 Hz Dual including a download link.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
dasams
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by dasams »

Harry wrote:To get 5 Hz you need to add the high speed firmware first.
Thanks for confirming this but the website is broken. See http://xgps150.dualav.com. Also, the firmware page doesn't work as I tried http://xgps150.dualav.com/Firmware/ Hopefully it'll be back up soon. dave
09 Carrera S - Black, 6 sp, Carrera red full leather with deviating black, adaptives, navi, XM, etc
06 Cayenne S - Crystal silver, air suspension, bi-xenon, navi, sirius, etc
CWBOSS
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by CWBOSS »

GL1 + XGPS150(5HZ) Best Choce That's Why? OBDII "GL1 CABLE Fast! " rate More than average 9Hz over!
ian05s2k
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by ian05s2k »

CWBOSS wrote:GL1 + XGPS150(5HZ) Best Choce That's Why? OBDII "GL1 CABLE Fast! " rate More than average 9Hz over!
I am looking at this setup right now. Do you have any experience using the bt1 and a plug in GPS as well? I am having a hard time deciding between the 2 setups
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

I ran some tests during VBOX Sport integration. This showed that having a 20 Hz optimized GPS plus an OBD device connected using BT starts having an impact on update rates. The Dual produces approximately half of the load of the VBOX and usually has enough headroom to be operated jointly with the BT1. The recently announced LapTimer Grand Prix version adds additional optimization to traffic for the GoPoint. Net-net: in case you want to be on the save side and get max OBD rates, go for the GL1 plus the BT GPS. In case you accept the slightly lower update rate the BT1 has, it will usually work without problems jointly with the XGPS. As this combination uses maybe 75% of the available capacity you will have a small impact from time to time.

Hope that helps.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image