OBD Update Rate error - TONWON icar PRO BLE 4.o and 2998 Nissan 200SX SE-R

Discussions on all kinds of sensors (GPS, OBD, video/audio) and other accessories like mounts
lpokeefe
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

OBD Update Rate error - TONWON icar PRO BLE 4.o and 2998 Nissan 200SX SE-R

Post by lpokeefe »

Hello-

New user of Lap Timer and just bought the above OBD sensor after reading recommendations on the site here.

When I run Lap Timer, I get the following Not Ready error:
IMG_9645.PNG
IMG_9645.PNG (570.44 KiB) Viewed 1983 times
When I look at the sensor information I see the following:
IMG_9644.PNG
IMG_9644.PNG (559.15 KiB) Viewed 1983 times
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Larry O'Keefe
Washington, USA
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OBD Update Rate error - TONWON icar PRO BLE 4.o and 2998 Nissan 200SX SE-R

Post by Harry »

Hello,

That's a pre-CAN car. Update rates will be around 2 Hz for these usually (which is not a lot). At least when creating the above snapshot, the rate for your car / adapter combo even fell below to 1 Hz. Once a connection is going below 1 Hz, LapTimer issues the OBD Update Rate warning. Provided your rate stays between 1 and 2 Hz (after rounding), that's probably what is possible and you can ignore the warning. You can try to limit ECU access to ECM/PCM - you can find an Expert Setting in section OBD Tweaks to focus any bus request to one ECU. This sometimes improves the rate a bit. In case you do not get data at all after changing the setting, try TCM or return to ALL. More information on this can be found in Engine documentation available at http://www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation.

In case the rate is falling to zero or the sensor even disconnects from time to time, there is a general issue. Try the hints in viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1500 for this.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
lpokeefe
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: OBD Update Rate error - TONWON icar PRO BLE 4.o and 2998 Nissan 200SX SE-R

Post by lpokeefe »

Thanks for the quick response, Harry.

I will give those tweaks a try and report back. I wonder if I can use this to justify buying a new(er) car :lol:

Larry