What accessories can i pick kart engine speed, water temperature, brake pedal, accelerator pedal position information?

Discussions on all kinds of sensors (GPS, OBD, video/audio) and other accessories like mounts
ayucncncn
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

What accessories can i pick kart engine speed, water temperature, brake pedal, accelerator pedal position information?

Post by ayucncncn »

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
lzzl551
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: What accessories can i pick kart engine speed, water temperature, brake pedal, accelerator pedal position informatio

Post by lzzl551 »

If Harry can support the IOIO board, you can use the Android version of HLT to record these data,But I do not know if Harry has any plans to support IOIO
Cadillac 2016 ATSL 8AT in China 279hp/400nm
Go-Karting Praga Rotax Max Senior 28hp
Laptimer Grand Prix EDITION
iPhone6 64G IOS latest version and Samsung S7 Android7.0
TONWON BTLE OBD2
Gopro Hero4 session
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What accessories can i pick kart engine speed, water temperature, brake pedal, accelerator pedal position informatio

Post by Harry »

lzzl551 wrote:If Harry can support the IOIO board, you can use the Android version of HLT to record these data,But I do not know if Harry has any plans to support IOIO
See my other post on the IOIO board. Your answer above is probably misleading as an IOIO board is just a hardware / software platform you can build a solution on. It is quite some effort however and requires in depth technical skills. On the LapTimer side, everything is provided to integrate such platforms (see LapTimer Developer Program).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
pavlik1
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by pavlik1 »

Hello

I am looking for similar options related to use it in Kart.

The data can be processed by arduino and send over BT like:

https://wiki.torque-bhp.com/view/Arduin ... _in_Torque

What I am not sure is the support for similar: "There is a special protocol in Torque that lets you connect to devices such as the Arduino, Raspberry pi, and lets you feed the app your own sensor data. This includes allowing you to tell Torque what sensors are available"

simpler option is to use the mic input as an RPM meter.

Please let me know what are the real posibilityes to have:
RPM
Water temp
EGT
TPS
Brake position.

Thank you
pavlik1
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by pavlik1 »

there is felow in China who did it, unfortunately I can not find any contact of him

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyMkkE ... EqQ/videos
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

For LapTimer, adding custom devices is well prepared. Please have a look into the Engine Data document available on http://www.gps-laptimer.de/documentation and the second chapter in particular. LapTimer has a scripting interface named "HarrysLua" that allows reading arbitrary data from Arduino / ESPs and feed that data into LapTimer. The problem is mostly about adding all the sensors to the vehicle.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image