Firmware 2.11.0 for RaceCapture/Track

Discussions on all kinds of sensors (GPS, OBD, video/audio) and other accessories like mounts
steved0x
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Firmware 2.11.0 for RaceCapture/Track

Post by steved0x »

Me too, are you at CMP this weekend? I've got my Race capture/Track and got it configured to work with HLT but the gps accuracy never got below 500-600 feet, and it never triggered a lap. RaceCapture app reported 9-10 satellites or so, I can't recall the GPS dop and other parameters. I'm inclined to blame the RaceCapture.. I never did run a session with the RaceCapture software, as I wanted only HLT recordings ;-)
steved0x
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by steved0x »

MrBlah wrote:Was there a change to the mk2 code already? I'm at vir and it's totally not working
I didn't see you were at vir, there are 2 of us at CMP with HLT and RaceCapture having the issue you describe, accuracy around 500 ft and won't trigger laps. My fallback is my Qstarz, works like a champ. I love HLT :-)
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

I think without the WiFi module it's not going to work very well with the Mk2.

ASL says you need to have the GPS on for half an hour to get the best accuracy. What's the GPS update rate in HLT? In the HLT Sensor List, does it list the RaceCapture?
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

I always turn it on at least 20-30 minutes before I go out. The mk2 always was bluetooth they just recently added wifi but I use a gopro so I have not bothered with the wifi.

I had it set to 25hz I changed it to 10hz but it did not help, it recorded one giant 25 minute lap every time, when I get into the paddock I tell it to recalculate the laps and then it splits them properly, or at least mostly. it's setting the lap starts correctly but the end of the lap is too soon on every lap

I tried with 2 different phones, same result. It worked OK 2 weeks ago at an autocross, the data looked good but the triggers failed like they always do but the manual start/stop worked.
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

This is from yesterday, on track it does not split the laps, when I get back I hit recalculate, verify lap and it seems to fix it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNQiur1yh1U
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

As far as I know, Verify Lap does the same thing as the app does in real time. My guess is that there's something wrong with the configuration of your triggers. Look at the map and make sure the triggers are in the right place with the correct direction set.
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

I'll check, I'm using the built in VIR Full track
sirwin
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by sirwin »

Can some post how to set up RaceCapture and how to integrate with Harry's.

I have 2.11.0 and iOS 1.8.

I had a lot of trouble connecting phone to device. Worked then didn't then did. Finally got
It to connect to car. Only OBD2 data was maf. Harry's didn't see anything, it was like it was disabled. How to set up and use CAN And why with OBD2 or instead of? Thx. Just got the RaceCapture. Not much helpful documentation out there.
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

I think I may know the problem. You probably have to turn off the direction setting for the POI's when using an ASL device until Harry issues a fix, if he can. I also see the label on the video as VIR Grand East, not Full. In my track list, VIR Grand East is listed as outdated, but Start/Finish seems to still be in the correct place.

Direction is extremely iffy. Play a lap without overlaying so that you can see the dynamic course map. It will likely spin like a top. You can also export a .csv file and look at the heading value at Start/Finish. Also, see how many values there are greater than 360 degrees. See how many duplicate lines there are too. That's rows with either the same time stamp or the same values of latitude and longitude.

Also check Trigger Detection settings for Wide Corridor in Expert settings. It's down near the bottom. I set it to the minimum for autocross. You probably want it fairly wide for a race track.

You should really enter the complete car and engine data too so it shows the correct gear and redline.
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

I have the complete car in, I'm not sure why it does not show correct gear or redline but it's the least of my worries

I updated the racecapture to the latest firmware, in RCP software it shows gps quality of 3 which is 3d, supposedly the best fix. In HLT it shows accuracy of 400-500 feet !

any ideas? I tried setting the gps to 10hz and then back to 25hz no change. if you email me at matt@geekopolis.com I'll send you the logs from the track the logs look crazy in google earth