Firmware 2.11.0 for RaceCapture/Track

Discussions on all kinds of sensors (GPS, OBD, video/audio) and other accessories like mounts
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Firmware 2.11.0 for RaceCapture/Track

Post by gplracerx »

Harry told me to ignore the accuracy figure. The RaceCapture doesn't communicate in NMEA sentences, so the accuracy number on the GPS or Timer page is meaningless. You need to look at the actual data output, i.e. .csv or .hlptrl. In that, a 3 means unknown or invalid. It starts at zero, not 1. I still say your problem is Bluetooth related. Please tell my you have killed the RaceCapture app and aren't running it in the background.

You don't have all the engine and driveline data entered or it wouldn't be showing solid green in the rpm gauge and being in sixth gear all the time. Something people miss is the rpm redline, maximum horsepower and rpm and maximum torque and rpm. It won't do gears without those.
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

You can't use racecapture app at the same time, the data looks wonderful in circuit tools my lines are great i can live without on track splits but the stupid GoPro did not record entire sessions, thank goodness for redundancy

I changed the car selection to the right mini and it has redline correct now, gearing is still off though
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I have just check the direction issue based on gplracerx's input. It is broken due to the circular characteristic of degrees (0-360°). Some math to do here. As LapTimer's trigger detection uses the direction to verify before / after conditions (compared to start / finish line), this may lead to missed triggers too. A fix will be provided for 21.0.7, but it will require some days (traveling currently).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

thanks harry, is it safe or recommended to turn off "gps fix quality" and/or dilution of precision in the racecapture GPS section?

gplracerx, per the racecapture docs, 3 is the best quality

"The current GPS quality indicator 0: No fix; 1: Fixed; 2: SPS Fix; 3: Differential Fix"

at vir I got 10 sats with gps quality 3 and DOP of 1.6
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

No, please keep these channels. LapTimer derives them from satellites count for compatibility reasons otherwise, but it is a rough guess only. Removing the channels does not add benefit either.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

When I export to google earth it does some crazy giant circles outside of the actual gps dot, I think that's the accuracy radius ?
sirwin
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by sirwin »

sirwin wrote:Can some post how to set up RaceCapture and how to integrate with Harry's.

I have 2.11.0 and iOS 1.8.

I had a lot of trouble connecting phone to device. Worked then didn't then did. Finally got
It to connect to car. Only OBD2 data was maf. Harry's didn't see anything, it was like it was disabled. How to set up and use CAN And why with OBD2 or instead of? Thx. Just got the RaceCapture. Not much helpful documentation out there.

anyone, Bueller?
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

do you have the racecapture all working with the racecapture app? need more info on your car setup

I use lua to map to channels harry's uses, harry also has a sample racecapture config file you can look at, but I would not load it in the new racecapture app, look only and load yours up with the same options
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

The RaceCapture/Track doesn't have scripting. I use the CAN and OBD channel mapping features in the 1.9 version of the app, which still isn't available for iOS, *grumble*. I have to use a PC to program the RC/T. I'm not sure my configuration file will work on an RC/Pro that doesn't have Wi-Fi, not to mention that I doubt the CAN id for RPM is the same for your car.
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

if we calculate heading int LUA would HLT use that? might work better to do it there

the racecapture devices do have a compass but it's not supported by their own software yet