Firmware 2.11.0 for RaceCapture/Track

Discussions on all kinds of sensors (GPS, OBD, video/audio) and other accessories like mounts
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Firmware 2.11.0 for RaceCapture/Track

Post by gplracerx »

The new firmware is broken, at least for iOS. I can't see OBD data in either HLT or the iOS RaceCapture app. It says it's connected, but there's no data being transferred. I'm going to try going back to 2.10.2

It's too bad because the new firmware allows for using CAN channels as well as programmable OBDII channels beyond the few that are included in the 2.10.2 firmware. Ideally CAN should be faster than OBDII.

Edit: I reverted to 2.10.2 and I can see OBD data again.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Firmware 2.11.0 for RaceCapture/Track

Post by Harry »

I have deconstructed the RaceCapture test environment currently, it will take some time until I can return to it.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

No rush, since 2.10.2 works. While there are some interesting channels that aren't available on 2.10.2 (maybe), I don't really need them. I say maybe because it's possible I could configure those channels with 2.11.0 and the 1.9.0 app, save the configuration, revert to 2.10.2 and restore the configuration and still have the new channels. That seemed to work for VSS (wheel speed).

They haven't released the latest version of the app for iOS yet. That may be the problem. Or they did, indeed, break something in the code. I should probably load the latest version of the Windows app onto my laptop and see if that works with 2.11.0.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The RaceCapture app is not used by LapTimer. Actually chances are good they can't be run side by side.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

Yes, but I'm trying to determine the level of the problem, not solve it. If it's the interface with the app, it's something you will need to fix. If it's on a more fundamental level, they have a problem. Since it doesn't work with the older version of the app either and the new version hasn't been released for iOS, running them in parallel isn't really an option anyway.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

O.k, understood.
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

Never mind. Apparently i didn't go through enough operations like deleting, reloading and rebooting. It works now. I had to do some units conversion for temperature from C to F and from kph to mph, but that's now built in. It's still annoying to not have a stable direction channel.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

gplracerx wrote:Never mind. Apparently i didn't go through enough operations like deleting, reloading and rebooting. It works now. I had to do some units conversion for temperature from C to F and from kph to mph, but that's now built in. It's still annoying to not have a stable direction channel.
Do you have any AX recording using the RCT? In case you have, please export it to .hlptrl and send it to me. I can adjust the direction calculation based on this sample, i.e. apply a proper algorithm taking both rapid changes in direction and noise reduction into account.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

I don't have autocross data yet with version 21. I was going this weekend, but the weather isn't cooperating and I don't feel like driving 500 miles round trip to drive in the rain. The next event is the second weekend in May.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I have increased smoothing by a factor or 2 for the next bug fix release (v21.0.5). This means LapTimer averages the last ten fixes to derive direction now (less than a second at 25 Hz sampling rate or one second at a 10 Hz sampling rate). It is not a good approach to do it like this, but I do not have testable data available currently. Please let me know what you see once .05 is getting available.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image