Galaxy S4

Discussions on all kinds of sensors (GPS, OBD, video/audio) and other accessories like mounts
msnare
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Galaxy S4

Post by msnare »

I've got a Galaxy S4 running Android 5.0.1 with 16GB onboard and a 64GB SIM. I see posts from a year or two ago about slow video overlays (like 50 min per lap) with droids. The response was that video acceleration was going to be added to address this.

My question, and sorry if I missed an existing answer (I did look), is whether the S4 will give me decent performance while I'm at the track for the stuff I'll want to do in real time. By this I mean looking at my last session, comparing it to earlier sessions, comparing my to co-driver or instructor, assessing how well I executed instructor's suggestions, that kind of thing.

I don't really care how long any post-production generation of overlays takes, just let that run overnight if needed.

Thanks.
Michael
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Galaxy S4

Post by Harry »

Hardware accelerated overlaid video creation is supported for Android 5.1 and later only. However, with LapTimer v20 you will not need a overlaid video generation often. On site you can use the real time overlaid video display available using the Play (instead of Export) button. Generation is required for distribution only.

Harry
Image Image Image Image