MK2 no NMEA data

Discussions on all kinds of sensors (GPS, OBD, video/audio) and other accessories like mounts
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: MK2 no NMEA data

Post by gplracerx »

Until Autosport Labs releases their iOS app or Harry fixes the communication with HLT, my RaceCapture is not particularly useful. I really want to log accelerometer and gyro data to compare the noise level with the iPhone sensors. Also, assuming that the device is mounted with the sensor axes parallel to the vehicle axes, which would be the normal way to mount it, yaw rate could be read directly from the vertical axis gyro.
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

I use android, but the GPS does not work at all for me

I can get canbus TPS & RPM but that's the only thing that I can get to work, I took out all the wheel sensor pids from the canbus feed so it should use GPS for speed I think? But it's not

I even disabled Speed in the GPS config and setup a LUA virtual channel instead, still not working
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

on a whim I setup a channel called Speed and set it to KPH with no description, range 0-255 still no go. It shows up and works in the racecapture app, but not working in laptimer.

It also appears that laptimer defaults to odb2 speed with a racecapture pro even if there is no odb2 speed data, the "performance" app shows the little odb2 symbol on the speed section

I could use an odb2 adapter but my car only puts out about 1 update every 2 seconds on the odb2 port so it's basically useless, and would need serious tire correction, my speedo is off almost 10 % due to tiny tires
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

hoping harry has time to help me with this thing soon, still not able to get it to work with canbus data
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

MrBlah,

Speedometer correction for OBD wheel speed is available in HLT. Somewhere in the settings there's a correction factor that is set equal to one by default, but you can change it. Of course that doesn't change your problem with low OBD update rate.

I'm still waiting for the iOS version of the Racecapture app and/or a fix to iOS HLT to communicate with the device.
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

I dont use OBD2 at all, I use the canbus function on mk2 so I can correct the speedometer in the LUA if I could find a way to get harry's laptimer to read the channel
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

or even better, if harry's laptimer had an option to ignore the CANBUS/OBD2 speed and use GPS instead it would fix my problems
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

Use GPS speed where? In overlay mode I'm pretty sure you have that option. In iOS, swiping from right to left brings up the overlay option screen, one of which is 'Use GPS Speed'. I think you scroll down in Android, but I'm not sure. Of course, if you're not getting GPS data from the MK2, that won't help either.
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

in the app, on the speed screen I cant get it to register speed, swiping does nothing
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

just ran a sample data log, the laptimergpsrecdb csv file shows all zeros for these columns

it is logging gps data, I can tell where the lat/long are changing, but no speed

SPEED_KPH SPEED_MPH WHEEL_SPEED_KPH WHEEL_SPEED_MPH