MK2 no NMEA data

Discussions on all kinds of sensors (GPS, OBD, video/audio) and other accessories like mounts
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: MK2 no NMEA data

Post by MrBlah »

in racecapture there is an ODBII section, none of the channels listed are called "Speed" I have odbII shut off anyway, it should only be sending the gps channels, and the custom lua channels from the script.

is there any way to log what it's sending to your app? The only thing that it should be sending called "Speed" is the gps data I'm running 2.10.0 firmware. In the newest racecapture android app I can see all 4 wheels and a separate channel called Speed and it's displaying gps mph in that channel
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Correct, for the lastest version of the RCP app, this channel is not offered any more. I have contacted Brent to ask for the background and potential fixes. As I'm facing problems to connect to the RCPro at all currently (using the MacOS X application), I cannot update the RCP to the latest firmware version currently (2.10.0). Their Android app connects, but misses the firmware update feature.

A potential work around is to load a configuration file I had created for LapTimer and the old RCP firmware version (2.8.0). Please save your current configuration before applying it. To install it from Android, I have sent the file to my mail account and downloaded it. I have been able to open it using the current RCP Android app.
This is complicated stuff.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

I'm not able to flash my RCP, I get a usb enumeration error every time

also I dont use ODB2 I use canbus, so the channels are whatever I set them to be in the LUA, with one exception, the built in ones, like GPS, I cant see or control those with LUA as far as I know
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

They're supposed to ship my RaceCapture very soon. I'll be very curious how well it behaves.
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

Harry wrote:Correct, for the lastest version of the RCP app, this channel is not offered any more. I have contacted Brent to ask for the background and potential fixes. As I'm facing problems to connect to the RCPro at all currently (using the MacOS X application), I cannot update the RCP to the latest firmware version currently (2.10.0). Their Android app connects, but misses the firmware update feature.

A potential work around is to load a configuration file I had created for LapTimer and the old RCP firmware version (2.8.0). Please save your current configuration before applying it. To install it from Android, I have sent the file to my mail account and downloaded it. I have been able to open it using the current RCP Android app.
This is complicated stuff.

- Harry
did brent ever get back to you? I sent my MK2 back for repairs, and I thought they said firmware updates require windows
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

No, but I will bump the question again ;-) ASL has apps for MacOS X and Windows available, the MacOS X app simply has problems accessing the serial ports (BT and wired). I had seen this before.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

thats what mine went back for, I could not connect with anything other than bluetooth android app
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

My new RaceCapture has shipped. It's Priority Mail, so maybe I'll get it before the end of the week.

Edit: It's arriving today (11/10).
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

I got mine back and now I can connect to it again, no more issues other than it does not work right with harry's laptimer :(.

Harry did brent ever get back to you?

Harry, the MK2 firmware will let us use LUA to customize what the data channels are called, I do not use ODBII data at all, just canbus so I can make one called GPSspeed and one called AVGwheelspeed if that's what you want to use, whatever you want just lemme know and I'll rewrite my LUA to do that

something like GPSspeed = getGpsSpeed()

and

lfWheelId = addChannel("LFWheelSpd", 10, 0, 0, 200, "MPH")
rfWheelId = addChannel("RFWheelSpd", 10, 0, 0, 200, "MPH")

setChannel(AVGwheelspeed, (lfWheelId+ rfWheelId) / 2)
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

I downgraded my firmware to 2.8.0 and loaded the harryslaptimer.rcp I turned off ODBII as I do not use it.

Speed is still not working, what am I doing wrong?