autosport labs MK2, can/engine, gps, but no gyro?

Discussions on all kinds of sensors (GPS, OBD, video/audio) and other accessories like mounts
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: autosport labs MK2, can/engine, gps, but no gyro?

Post by MrBlah »

Harry wrote:In case you log at 50 Hz, you should raise the accelerometer sample rate to 100 Hz in LapTimer. It should always be a multiple of the GPS rate.
**edit found it*** where can you set the accelerometer sample rate in laptimer? I clicked around int he sensor but did not see it

never mind, it's in advanced
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Like all settings not used by 95% of LapTimer users, it is in LapTimer's Expert Settings:

LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Settings ‣ Expert Settings ‣ Accelerator Tweaks

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

sorry to keep pestering, now I need to fix the temp display. In the racecapture app the temp shows correct, the LUA script sets raw C temp to "* 1.8 + 32"

in laptimer the temp is off the chart, I removed the lua fix and set temp to "* 1" and harries looks right, just a degree or two off of what torquepro/odb2 shows, but then racecapture temp display is too low.

also does laptimer display brake switch onto the overlay if it's available? I see it in racecapture now, but I dont get pressure data just a yes/no on the switch itself
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

* 1.8 + 32 is a Celsius to Fahrenheit conversion. LapTimer expects Celsius currently (like used in OBD II).
Not sure this has been changed lately in ASL's firmware or if it has been wrong from the beginning.
I add this to the list of fixes for v21.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Oh, I forgot. To get brake pressure for analysis, two steps are required:
  1. You need to get this data from the bus. As this is no standard OBD value, a car-specific custom PID is required for OBD. Not sure RCP has some tweaks built in here. As an alternative, you can use a dedicated brake pedal sensor connected to one of RCP's analog ports.
  2. The analyzing software need to support brake pressure display. As it is so complicated to make 1) work, LapTimer has not built in support for brake values currently. However, I plan to add this feature for v21 and will use negative longitudinal acceleration in case brake pressure is not available.
- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

Harry wrote:* 1.8 + 32 is a Celsius to Fahrenheit conversion. LapTimer expects Celsius currently (like used in OBD II).
Not sure this has been change opd lately in ASL's firmware or if it has been wrong from the beginning.
I add this to the list of fixes for v21.

- Harry
I think this is a problem with race capture not your softwsre, I'm using lua to convert canbus to odb so I can just set it to leave it in c and I will report the issue to rcp devs