10hz gps -> adruino -> bluetooth -> phone

Discussions on all kinds of sensors (GPS, OBD, video/audio) and other accessories like mounts
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

10hz gps -> adruino -> bluetooth -> phone

Post by MrBlah »

Anyone played with these 5-20hz gps shields? They do NMEA and most can do 20hz for less than 50 $

if I did not have about 25 arduino's and shields laying around here the cost probably gets close to the dual 160
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 10hz gps -> adruino -> bluetooth -> phone

Post by Harry »

At least when using the Android version - which allows a standard BT SPP connection, it should be no problem. Pair the Arduino BT with the smartphone. Feed the NMEA stream to the BT SPP connection established once you have added it to LapTimer's Sensor List (+BT ‣ select Arduino BT ‣ Select GPS).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
MrBlah
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by MrBlah »

There are 10hz usb rs232 receivers have you had any requests to support them on android via hardwired connection?

something like this

http://www.elecfreaks.com/store/fastrax ... p-236.html
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

For OBD, I received some requests for wired connections, but not for GPS. In case I extend the interface to wired connections for OBD, GPS will benefit from this too. They share the same implementation base. For now, you need to provide the NMEA stream through a BT SPP interface. The care you configure the GPS to 10Hz during initialization. LapTimer will not do this.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image