Racecapture Pro Accelerometer sensor missing.

Discussions on all kinds of sensors (GPS, OBD, video/audio) and other accessories like mounts
jimwitkowski
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Racecapture Pro Accelerometer sensor missing.

Post by jimwitkowski »

I'm new to this forum so forgive me if this has been discussed already (I've searched and didn't find the topic)

I'm running HLT Grand Prix and I'm using a Racecapture/Pro 2 GPS/OBD/Accelerometer unit linked via Bluetooth to a Galaxy 10 tablet. So far I've successfully paired the RCP unit with the tablet. I can see all of the OBD functions in the Racelogic including the accelerometer data.

When I open HLT, I see that the software is using the RCP data in the OBD unit and the GPS unit, but the accelerometer isn't visible as a device. I talked with Brent and he assures me that all of the data is being sent over the Bluetooth connection. The only sensor for accelerometer is the built in device in the tablet.

Can you advise what I've done wrong?

Thanks
jw
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Racecapture Pro Accelerometer sensor missing.

Post by Harry »

Nothing wrong here. The RCP sends acceleration, but LapTimer doesn't integrate it currently. I will probably add support once more users jump on ASL's solutions, the less expensive RaceCapture device in particular. Once they have an WiFi adapter for iOS in addition, numbers will go up considerable too. Stay tuned and watch announcements please.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image