iPad Minii Mount

Discussions on all kinds of sensors (GPS, OBD, video/audio) and other accessories like mounts
EvolutionX
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

iPad Minii Mount

Post by EvolutionX »

For those that have windscreens shaped like mine making it difficult to mount the ipad Mini out of the way of your view into corners and such, I just received this a few days ago and it works pretty well. My dash is the hard type but it isn't smooth. Has texture. This thing stuck like crazy. Actually took me a few min to get it to release but it didn't leave a mark. It's the first dash mount that I have had hold. The suction cup is made of some VERY sticky material that you can renew just by getting wet. I guess it allows the "material" to fill in the texture in the dash and make a tight suction.

I got it on amazon for about 27$ It's the iOttie Easy Smart Tap Dashboard Car Desk Mount Holder Cradle for iPad mini

Just tried it driving around the street and it never lost suction to the dash.

Just thought I would share. :D

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

iPad Minii Mount

Post by Harry »

Thanks for sharing! Do you use an external GPS? Any comparison for GPS accuracy for the position and one directly behind the windscreen?

Harry
Image Image Image Image
EvolutionX
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: iPad Minii Mount

Post by EvolutionX »

I have the XGPS160 but didn't test that. I mount it pretty much in front of the mini but on the glass and as far toward as possible.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

O.k. with an external GPS, it will be fine to place the iPad anywhere :-)
Image Image Image Image
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Kind of fits in this thread:

www.padbay.net

Really cool and safe place for iPad mini in car
EvolutionX
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by EvolutionX »

That is really cool but I wonder about the angle. Isn't it suppose to be 5 degree tilt and 25 degrees rotated towards driver for the accelerometer to work right?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

EvolutionX wrote:That is really cool but I wonder about the angle. Isn't it suppose to be 5 degree tilt and 25 degrees rotated towards driver for the accelerometer to work right?
Yes, when using the acceleration presets. When adding a fixed mount (mostly unchanged position), you can calibrate LapTimer individually and store this calibration finally. More information is available on www.gps-laptimer.de following Documentation (Acceleration Handling).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

At least one review on Amazon said that the sticky pad did leave a mark on their dash. That sort of thing might be temperature sensitive too. It might not stick at all when it's very cold and stick too well when it's hot.