Recommendations regarding new setup

Discussions on all kinds of sensors (GPS, OBD, video/audio) and other accessories like mounts
mk1 black limited
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Recommendations regarding new setup

Post by mk1 black limited »

Hi! I'm about to receive my 2006 Lotus Exige next week, and I need to get some accessories for this new setup. I've used HLT GP with an iPhone5 and GoPro 3 up until now, and this has worked fine.

Now I'm about to order an external GPS and an ODB2 reader. What I would like is a recommendation as to which ones I should buy? I already have:

HLT GP edition
GoPro 3 (WiFi)

I need:

External GPS (Bluetooth? WiFi?)
ODB2 reader (Bluetooth? WiFi?)

Is there a tried and tested, reliable combination of these? I've read the compatibility page, but the combination of these accessories are a bit unclear for me. :)

Thanks!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Recommendations regarding new setup

Post by Harry »

When using the a GoPro (which is connected by wifi), I recommend to use Bluetooth for all other accessories. For iOS, this means the GoPoint BT1(A) for OBD and one of the Dual XGPSes for GPS. Check the compatibility list for distributors.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
mk1 black limited
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by mk1 black limited »

Right, thanks! :)
llan981
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by llan981 »

You setup is similar to mine. I have a Dual XPS160 for the extra $50 you get twice the mhz and the number of datapoints on the track than the 150 model. As for OBD, I just got my GOPOINT BT1(a) in the mail yesterday and I am off to Watkins Glen this weekend for HPDE. As for video I use an IPOD Touch 5th Gen 64GB and a GoPro Hero 3+BE. What I learned, if wifi does not work from HLT to GoPro check the password. If the GPS does not register from time to time, just restart HLT and all should sync up. As for transferring gopro to HLT, I prefer the iFUNBox free app for Mac and they have one for Windows. What I do is copy gopro MP4 file direct into the HLT document directory, then I go into HLT and the best way I have found to 'Re-Link" the file is by 'length (time) of movie, i.e. look at your source gopro file and start playing it and it may say 22Min 15 sec, then go to HLT and re-link to the file that has same duration since when you cross over the starting line and recording begins all the files look the same.