Link HRM to Laptimer :-)?

Discussions on all kinds of sensors (GPS, OBD, video/audio) and other accessories like mounts
fluppie00
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Link HRM to Laptimer :-)?

Post by fluppie00 »

Harald, would it be possible to connect BT4.0 sensors to HLT? And maybe even custom ones so people can develop their own BT4 sensors with an Arduino or similar?
Then one I would like to link at the moment is my Wahoo Fitness HRM. At the moment I use it while running with RunKeeper. But it would be funny to see my heartrate changing while driving on the Nordschleife :-).

http://eu.wahoofitness.com/devices/waho ... strap.html

API docs: http://api.wahoofitness.com/
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Link HRM to Laptimer :-)?

Post by Harry »

Hi Philippe,

I have that wahoo / heartrate thing on my list already and will add it some time ;-) BT4.0 support is not included in LapTimer so far, I will add that if a) GPS or OBD sensors using it become available, or b) for the above topic. What works already is wifi. We have a Arduino based project running to support non OBD II cars in the future. The principle is to have an ELM327 simulation on the board that gets fueled by arbitrary analog sensors. We will look into a prototype on the 4th of October, so if you are at the Ring that Friday, let me know.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
nordschleife.hu
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by nordschleife.hu »

Harry,

Is there any news on HLT-HRM? I have a Polar bluetooth HRM, should be interesting to record the heart rate during a lap on Nordschleife.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Yes and No. I plan to integrate vitality information like heart rate pretty fast, latest in v19. However, I will fully use iOS8's Health Kit functionality instead of integrating individual devices. So sensors need to (get) iOS8 compatible to be used with LapTimer in the future.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Me again. Gathering health data is one thing, reading it is another. For those who have insights into the vitality values / racer relations, what do you think makes sense to monitor and on what scope (lap, session, day, long term)?

These are some values that will probably be available, maybe more...
- Heart Rate
- Body Temperature
- Blood Pressure Systolic & Diastolic
- Respiratory Rate

Thanks for your feedback,
Harry
Image Image Image Image
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

I can't remember if I already talked with you about this project (you probably already know it anyway ;) )

http://www.getspeed.de/stress_level_monitoring.php
http://www.biorics.com/products/stress- ... ce-driving

While gathering simple health data is nice, it doesn't give you an immediate result or feedback for your driving. The nice thing about the above project is the algorithm they developed together with a university to measure the stress level of the driver. That way you can react / prepare the drivers for certain sectors or situations in a race / while on track.
Really complex stuff and I'm not asking you to reproduce that in HLT...but I guess that is the direction it should aim at.
rscliofan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rscliofan »

Will you unofficially support HRM via roqyBT like you do with ELM327?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

It is not a question of supporting it officially / unofficially, but a question of investing in a separate protocol. roqyBT is different as it simulates a Wi-Fi interface for a sensor actually being connected using Bluetooth. The protocol for BT and Wi-Fi ELM327 dongles is the same, so there is no effort needed from my side (except the exchange and design with the roqyBT people).

I plan to offer an open interface for 3rd parties to integrate arbitrary sensors into LapTimer. I wanted to work on it this year but will most probably need to shift it to 2015.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image