Engaging a self-created track set

All discussions on existing and 'to be done' Track Sets
dodge330
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Engaging a self-created track set

Post by dodge330 »

Following instructions, I have created a track set for the Milwaukee Mile w/infield from my home. I see the Start/Finish flag in Google Maps within LapTimer Pro. How do I choose this track set when I get to the Milwaukee Mile, this Thursday, Sept. 13, 2012?

Follow up question: Is LapTimer Pro able to determine when my driving session is finished? Does it stop recording data and video, or do I need to terminate the session data and video recording within the app myself? If the latter, how do I do it?

Thank you for your time and consideration, as well as this awesome product.
Rick
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Engaging a self-created track set

Post by Harry »

Hi,

You do not need to select the 'track', LT uses all triggers defined on your iPhone. I assume your trigger is defined as part of a track set "Milwaukee Mile w/infield", so once you pass this trigger LT will select this track and store all laps as part of it.

In case this is a standard circuit with one stop/go trigger, you will typically start timing one you made the intro lap from he pits and pass the start / finish line. As no timing is going on currently, LT will take the stop/go trigger as a simple go trigger and start your first lap. Next time you pass start / finish, this first lap is stopped (stop) and the next one ist started (go).

When leaving after you last complete lap, into the pits, you will find LT recording this invalid lap. Simply press 'Cancel' (any timer view outside Video) to void this last lap. In case you are in Video, press the Stop button displayed. This will have the same function and will stop video recording too.

Hope that helps.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image