Auto Club Speedway (Sports Car Course) incorrect

All discussions on existing and 'to be done' Track Sets
Maxx-R32
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Auto Club Speedway (Sports Car Course) incorrect

Post by Maxx-R32 »

Hello - the Autoclub Speedway Sports Car Course AKA the "ROVAL' is incorrect and incomplete. I have tried to modify the current map and submit to certify on the iPhone, but after I move more than a few points it becomes mostly unresponsive and the moves become inconsistently sensitve until it just quits on me. Once I try to add points it also goes beserk on me. Not sure what I am doing wrong but I thought you might be able to adjust it successfully.

The sports car course should be setup as: http://speedventures.com/events/eventdetail.aspx?id=391

Thank you for your time.

PS - I really love this app and it's functionality! :ugeek:
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Auto Club Speedway (Sports Car Course) incorrect

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Looking into the official site (http://www.autoclubspeedway.com/Track-I ... -Maps.aspx) it seems your "ROVAL" configuration is different to the documented "Sports Car" configuration - particularly in the area of turns 7 to 11. So it seems there is an additional configuration needed?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Maxx-R32
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Maxx-R32 »

Hi Harry,

When I look at the Roval from SpeedVentures site versus the PDF of the Sports Car course from the Autoclub site they are the same. But that is not the setup available in laptimer. Laptimer shows only 17 turns versus the 21 on the SpeedVentures site and on the Autoclub site. The laptimer also shows turns 6 and 7 further up the track than the official map with has them as turns 7-8 at an earlier spot.

-Max-
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

We are not on the same page. Turn naming is not really relevant when using LapTimer. The only thing that really count are triggers and the line driven, information POIs are for display in maps and videos only and can be changed anytime. Especially for tracks with lots of configurations and without long lasting turn names, the numbering is pretty volatile and difficult to keep in sync.

So my point on the difference between the Sports Car and the ROVAL configuration was on the line driven. The two configs are pretty much the same, but differ in the area attached below. The difference (specifically the additional chicane 9/10 part of the Sports Car configuration) will have an impact on distance and lap times, so mixing this up will make lap times in-comparable. That's the reason I believe an additional configuration is the solution needed.

In case "ROVAL" is no official configuration / not used frequently, I'd suggest you simply download Sports Car and rename it to ROVAL afterwards. This keeps the laps separate.

- Harry
Attachments
2.tiff
2.tiff (463.92 KiB) Viewed 2896 times
1.tiff
1.tiff (57.68 KiB) Viewed 2896 times
Image Image Image Image
Maxx-R32
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Maxx-R32 »

Thanks Harry - Anyone going through SpeedVentures will always be running the "Roval" configuration. I think it would be beneficial to have an additional track as you originally suggested. That way the distance and line will match up.

I really appreciate the feedback and help.