Lezennes

All discussions on existing and 'to be done' Track Sets
KiSwiSje
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Lezennes

Post by KiSwiSje »

I am amazed that the circuit of Lezennes is not in the database.
I will add it - just waiting for a chance to test my trigger and I will upload it.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lezennes

Post by Harry »

Yes, even with 400 tracks in the database, I get new requests practically every day :-) Please submit what you prepare, that's appreciated.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
KiSwiSje
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Lezennes

Post by KiSwiSje »

I tested the start-finish poi today and it works pretty good. Only bad gps reception messed up some laps.
I will add some info poi's asap, and then see how I have to make the two different track layouts - if I have to do something special, anyway.
Which brings me to my next question - having two variations of the same track causes problems - but how do you solve that? I can't know beforehand which layout it will be. And I don't want my laptimes getting mixed up.

http://pistelezenne.free.fr/index.php?m ... &id_page=5

I am considering putting the start/stop on the point where you come onto the track - so the video starts immediately.
There is no real finish line at Lezennes anyway - it is a track where you practice and learn. I find it motivates to see my track time improve, and like to analyze the video to find better lines in corners, and improve my technique.
Last edited by KiSwiSje on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lezennes

Post by Harry »

Just certify both configurations. This will make both available in the Tracks View and you can load them alternating.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
KiSwiSje
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by KiSwiSje »

Darn - you reacted faster than I could edit the previous post :)
KiSwiSje
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by KiSwiSje »

I have thought about your solution - it will probably not work for me - let me clarify:

I do not have a data plan. (it is simply too expensive for me - especially when abroad-roaming) So I can't load a track when I am away from wifi. I have the tracks I use on my phone. If I plan to go to a trackday - I have to load the track at home - when on wifi connection.

Lezennes does not announce which layout will be used. For as far as I know - the first layout is used, but I am not sure they do not change it from time to time. I have found videos on youtube showing people riding the alternative.

I don't understand why laptimer has problems with poi's interfering. Seems to me it should only use the poi's that are in the active track, not poi's that are from other tracks - no matter how close by they are. Or is there a technical reason behind this?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lezennes

Post by Harry »

Its a design decision. LapTimer switches tracks automatically once it detects a trigger. Limiting triggers to an active track would generate tons of problems when users forget to switch correctly. I agree there are more sophisticated solution one can think about, but currently, that's like it is...

As a workaround you can send both track sets to yourself using the Certify process. As long as they are in your inbox, you can load them by long pressing the hpoil attachment.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
KiSwiSje
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by KiSwiSje »

Oh - I see! That is actually a very nice feature! I respect your design decision.
Yes - your solution would work for me. I will do that.

Thanks for the support!

Tomorrow I hope to visit the track and complete the track in laptimer, so I can certify it
KiSwiSje
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by KiSwiSje »

both configurations sent in for certification
posting some video's with overlays on the track forum generated quite some interest, at least one person bought the app and wants to try it out asap, combined with gopro video.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lezennes

Post by Harry »

Image Image Image Image