Creating Tracks for Motocross

All discussions on existing and 'to be done' Track Sets
wilko748
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Creating Tracks for Motocross

Post by wilko748 »

Hi Harry,
I've been using the App for some years now and as always compliments as its superb. My son has recently started Motocross and I'm trying to track his progress using HLT. I have created a couple of tracks whilst at track (Kids and Main) and using a POI Detection = Narrow (with no Direction) managed to get the track working. However when I returned home i have edited the tracks to put Sectors in and add Directions to POI's. When going back to the track this weekend the results were very intermittent. Would it be better to leave the directions as undefined and leave POI Detection to narrow where the track layout is very compact? I've attached a google image of the track and also a Snapshout of my tracks from within Laptimer.

Cheers Steve
Attachments
VIP Motocross.jpg
VIP Motocross.jpg (175.43 KiB) Viewed 4128 times
VIp in HLT.jpg
VIp in HLT.jpg (67.74 KiB) Viewed 4128 times
Monika
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Creating Tracks for Motocross

Post by Monika »

Hi Steve,

narrow tracks like yours profit if trigger directions are set and detection corridor is narrow, so you should keep that approach.

First I would suggest to position the splits in a way, that they are driven in opposite directions: e.g. you pass the first one in north and the second one in south direction.
Setting directions will limit the search corridor, so if one split is north bound, it will not be triggered if you pass it south bound!

Second I would remove any other tracks in the same area and only keep the one loaded you are using currently. Keep the area clean with only the POIs you are currently using limits the source of errors. By the way: you know you can "store" your tracks just in in your mail? (via the track certifiy button: you send the created certify mail to yourself, and if you open the mail later on, you will be asked in which app to open. If you choose HLT, it will add this track in your track list. In this way you can store several tracks in your mails).

I can not clearly see the line you are driving in the pictures, but is direction of the second split correct? Or may be 180 degree wrong?

In case you need more help, you can send the track via the certify button to me and I have a look at it.

Best Regards,
Monika
HLT Team
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

Hi Monika,
narrow tracks like yours profit if trigger directions are set and detection corridor is narrow, so you should keep that approach.
I was under the impression that setting a direction automatically set the detection corridor to wide. Is that no longer true? Or can you set the corridor width independently without modifying the width value for the wide corridor?
wilko748
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by wilko748 »

Hi Monica,

Thank you for the reply. The details are useful and I will certainly look at only having one track on the app at any one time. As gplracerx says, i was under the impression that if you added a direction then this automatically made the detection corridor wide? Also i have noticed that we I use Google Maps on a PC to get a Long and Lat (easier to see than on the iPhone) the coordinates don't match up when entered into HLT POI when viewed in map view. Is this normal?

Cheers
wilko748
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by wilko748 »

Hi Monica,

I just wanted to clarify one thing. I haven't had the opportunity to test the tracks etc, however i do intend to "store" the non used track via email the next time out. Can I ask, if you re import the track from email do the previous laps recorded to that track automatically sync with the track or do you need to move each one individually. E.g. We have 2 tracks - VIP Kids Track and VIP Main Track. i will delete the track he isn't using at the time (We usually start on the Kids track whilst he warms up then move to the Main Track in the afternoon) therefore i will delete the Main track in the morning and import the Kids Track then delete the kids track and import the Main track in the afternoon (both tracks have been emailed to my device). When i go back the next week can i repeat the same operation and have the laps associated with the correct track.

Cheers Steve.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Laps are stored to the track set they where recorded with (the track set active while driving). When deleting the track set, only track information is purged, the laps stay around. When loading this track set again later, this track information is added again and you are in the same situation like before purging the track set. So in short: you can reload your track set at any time. The only thing important is to have only one track set loaded if your configurations overlap geographically.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image