Circuito Vasco Sameiro - Portugal

All discussions on existing and 'to be done' Track Sets
nmartinez
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Circuito Vasco Sameiro - Portugal

Post by nmartinez »

Hi Harry,

i will test for the first time the Laptimer Pro and the Trainer applications this week.

I need you to ad this track for me:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuito_Vasco_Sameiro
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 5&t=k&z=16

Thanks,
Nuno Martins
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Circuito Vasco Sameiro - Portugal

Post by Harry »

Hi,

I have a kind of blackout period until release of LapTimer v15. During this period I cannot add new tracks on server side (except with very high effort). I can start working on this track once v15 is out. Till then, I'd suggest you go with a simple Stop/Go trigger you set by yourself according to the description here: http://www.gps-laptimer.de/Tracks.html

Thanks.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
nmartinez
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by nmartinez »

Hi Harry,

we will go to the circuit Monday (26 March), if you have a little time, please "upload" the track.
I have just buy the two programs.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Nuno
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

I think you are not quite aware of how the laptimer works. In fact you don't need a full track layout. As Harry already said, the only thing you really need is a Start/Stop trigger. The rest of the track is then "drawn" with help of the recorded GPS fixes while you were driving. The only nice thing about a complete track set, is the ability to set intermediate times / sectors and informative POIs such as corner names etc. I looked up the track because I was curious...but I couldn't find any detailed information about it (as I said: corner names or intermediate sections etc.). For your track day you simply need to get on the track at the start / stop line and set a trigger, that's it. If you would like to do it in advance you can use the Google maps functionality of laptimer and set it there.
nmartinez
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by nmartinez »

Thaks for the information, but i need the track in the server to have online lap times, we will use two race cars and it help us with the crono times.

Best Regards
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Ok...I see.
I just did the minimal track set. Just one start/stop Trigger with direction based on what I see on Google earth. If you send me your email address via private message I can send it to you.
btw. you don't need the track set on Harry's server. Anybody who has the track set and at least one recorded lap for the layout (else you will only see a dot moving around on black background) on his phone can see people lapping it. Harry's server will record anybody's times and show their position even on non ceritified track sets not available for download on his track list.
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Ok, I just did the full track set (with information triggers for all turns etc.). I will email it to Harry for certification and I guess he will upload it as soon as possible (after his "blackout").
In the meantime I can send it to you via email, just let me know.
nmartinez
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by nmartinez »

Thank you very much!

I'm glad I bought these two programs (Pro + Trainer), your support is very importante!!!

Send to my email please: nunomcmmartins@gmail.com

Best Regards,
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Just did send out the email...don't mind the text in it...you have to open the attached .hpoil file in laptimer (press hold on the attachment and look for open in laptimer). It will import all of the POIs and you should be ready to go. If somebody else you know needs it, simply send them the email too. Hope it works on the track.
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Me again...
Just checking if anybody got my mail. I'm having trouble with my emails lately...