Silverstone

All discussions on existing and 'to be done' Track Sets
cayman38
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Silverstone

Post by cayman38 »

There are two Silverstone tracks sets listed, both the same track except for the Start/Finish line. The track names are not descriptive to indicate which is which.

I believe:

SILV GP 2011 = Wing Pits and Start/Finish Line
Silverstone = Heritage Pits and Start/Finish Line

So could the names be changed to:

SILV GP Wing SF
SILV GP Heritage SF
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Silverstone

Post by Harry »

Yes, these names used in Lap List are rather limited. They have a 15 character limit (so Wing would be fine, but Heritage is not) and are used as unique identifier in addition. This means instead of just renaming it, the the old track definition needs to go to outdated and a new one needs to be created. This is just some background information. Actually I'd prefer to use long track names as shown in Add-ons / Track List instead of the 15 character names in the future. We will check if it makes sense to change the long names for the two above configurations.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
cayman38
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by cayman38 »

Could use:

SILV GP New Pit

SILV GP Old Pit

Also I just checked Track Set List and see

GP Circuit 2010 Configuration and GP Circuit 2011 Configuration

As the Wing was opened May 2011 is the "2010" the old Heritage Start/Finish and the "2011" the Wing SF?
Monika
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Monika »

Yes, exactly:

- "GP Circuit 2010" is the GP configuration as used in 2010, with s/f line at the old location.

- "GP Circuit 2011" is the configuration introduced in 2011, same as 2010 but with s/f line moved to the new wing building.

We tried to be clear in the long description per configuration in the Add-ons list,
and as the configurations follow the changes over time, the introduction year is not the worst identification sign.
Especially as one doesn't know what will be changed in next years, that might not be easily adressable with one singal word like New and Old Pit.

I will add your classification with old and new Pit to the description, to make it easier to understand - but would prefer to keep the configurations names. Both configs seem to be used heavily and as Harry described it means quite a change and one will loose the history hall of fame if we change to a new name.