VIR Grand West - Car & Driver Lightning Lap Sectors

All discussions on existing and 'to be done' Track Sets
ckowalc
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

VIR Grand West - Car & Driver Lightning Lap Sectors

Post by ckowalc »

ISSUE #1:
I went to a track day running the Grand West course configuration. I noticed this mislabeled as VIR "Grand East" in the Certified Track List. I double checked to make sure this is the official name and below is a link to VIR's website with the official course layout:
http://virnow.com/wp-content/uploads/20 ... ap2014.jpg

Grand East is this configuration:

ISSUE #2:
I am also making custom tracks with Car and Driver's sectors as used in their Lightning Lap so HLT users can compare to cars they have tested. They changed from listing times from 5 small sections of the track to 5 full sectors in 2014 (as shown below).

I'm going to try to email C&D to get the coordinates for their track splits if I can. I'm not sure if I should submit the version with 5 full sectors for official certification since a Grand West course already exists in the HLT database but there may be some people interested in comparing their sector times to those from the Lightning Lap?
VIR Grand Sectors.jpg
VIR Grand Sectors.jpg (128.61 KiB) Viewed 2804 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: VIR Grand West - Car & Driver Lightning Lap Sectors

Post by Harry »

Thanks for posting. We will check and come back. As split times can be recalculated for existing recordings (Lap List ‣ a lap ‣ recalculate ‣ All Track's Splits), we usually replace updated triggers for existing track sets. In case start / finish changes, a new track set needs to be added.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Monika
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: VIR Grand West - Car & Driver Lightning Lap Sectors

Post by Monika »

There is now a new, corrected version of "VIR Grand West" available for download.

Please check it out via 'add-ons', update list via button at top right corner and search e.g. for ‚VIR ‘.

The old, wrongly named configuration called "VIR Grand" East can be found in section "outdated" in the add-ons track list.

- Monika
Harry's LapTimer Team