POIs seem to be off for Pitt Race Full

All discussions on existing and 'to be done' Track Sets
rbpeirce
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

POIs seem to be off for Pitt Race Full

Post by rbpeirce »

I tried to check it on the map but Harry's map is way out of date compared to Google. However, the old north track seems to be spot on while the new south track seems to be way off. I confirmed this by hovering over the turns in Google and comparing the co-ordinates. I'm not exactly sure where the POI is supposed to be set vs. the turn but it was close enough.

This is a certified track set so I wonder if it just seems wrong when I look at it or if it actually is wrong. How would I know and what should I do about it?
2012 Porsche Cayman R
2016 Audi A7
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: POIs seem to be off for Pitt Race Full

Post by Harry »

Do you have any lap recorded for the south track. Please export it to .kml and/or .hlptrl and send it to Tracks@gps-laptimer.de

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
rbpeirce
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: POIs seem to be off for Pitt Race Full

Post by rbpeirce »

I don't know about the south track alone since I was looking at the full track. I don't have a video but my daughter does. The turns identify correctly on the video even though the POI co-ordinates appear to be way off. For instance, T4 South is identified as being at N 40° 50' 32.6" x W 80° 20' 40.6". On Google, the track edge at the middle of the curbing is at N 40° 50' 41.35" x W 80° 20' 44.62" The stated co-ordinates are actually outside the track at Turn 6. This seems to work okay but I don't know why!

For comparison, turn 7 on the north track agrees exactly between your settings and what I measure from Google, so I think Google must be pretty accurate.

I don't know how to export this, but Lara's video is on youtube at https://youtu.be/Da5MzCmkNC4
2012 Porsche Cayman R
2016 Audi A7