Donington Park GP

All discussions on existing and 'to be done' Track Sets
Dustcap.
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Donington Park GP

Post by Dustcap. »

Hi Harry.
I was at Donington Park at the weekend and lap timer worked well thanks and have made a great overlay.

One question, my friend and I wish to compare laps against each other. He uses Race Chrono, is it possible to directly compare our laps. If not, we have found a website which allows this function http://www.serious-racing.com, however, when I upload my info to the website, it doesn't recognise the Track in relation to everyone else. For example, I am the only person on that website with a lap of Donington Park. Everyone else has Donington park GP, but, as my track is different from theirs I cannot compare with them. They can compare with each other but I am the odd one out :'-(

Can you help???

regards

Colin
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Donington Park GP

Post by Harry »

Convince your friend to switch, that's the best option. ;-) Once this is done, you can post a Challenges and your friend can download it directly into his LapTimer instance. When loading a Challenge, the lap will be set as reference lap automatically and you can compare data in Data Recordings and using predictive lap timing (see the gap developing while driving).

On comparing different sources: from my point of view this is only possible in case a complete log is exchanged. A log is simply a sequence of data points, the split into laps is done by the tool according to its definition of start and stop positions. Comparing individual laps split already will not work. The name of the track means nothing by the way, Donington could be named ABC and it work the same way. So to have a change to exchange LapTimer with other systems, please always use logger formats like .gpx or .vbo.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Dustcap.
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Donington Park GP

Post by Dustcap. »

Thanks for the response Harry.
The website in question has fixed the issue. The problem was their end.
I'm a happy baby now.