Circuit velocidad Cartagena Spain

All discussions on existing and 'to be done' Track Sets
Tonyplod
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Circuit velocidad Cartagena Spain

Post by Tonyplod »

Hi Harry
I went to this circuit last week , using your app on an iPhone 4s, along with a Dual XPGS160 sat receiver, I set the system up as always and had added the latest app update.
Whilst there I could not get any individual lap times? The information I got was the whole period I was out on the circuit, can you tell me what the problem is. I have used this set up on uk tracks with great results and was not impressed that I could not get the my lap times.....
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Circuit velocidad Cartagena Spain

Post by gplracerx »

If you have the session data, it should be possible to obtain individual lap times. Somehow, the POI's weren't in the right place or HLT didn't associate the data with the correct track. In Analysis Mode/Lap List, touch the line for the track, scroll down and touch Map. See if, one, it's the right track and two, the Start/Finish and splits are located correctly with the direction correct. The top of the red triangle for the POI line should point toward the direction of travel. The data header for the lap data should show the correct track name in the Status section. If it doesn't, touch the line and select the correct track.

For safety, export the lap data to email to yourself as an .hlptrl file. Once the correct track is associated with the data, scroll down and touch Recalculate and select All Track's Splits. That should split the data into laps.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

gplracerx wrote:Once the correct track is associated with the data, scroll down and touch Recalculate and select All Track's Splits. That should split the data into laps.
Thx. But actually it is the "Verify Lap" function. This function breaks down existing recordings into *laps*. All Track's Splits will break down existing laps into *sectors*.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

Harry wrote:
gplracerx wrote:Once the correct track is associated with the data, scroll down and touch Recalculate and select All Track's Splits. That should split the data into laps.
Thx. But actually it is the "Verify Lap" function. This function breaks down existing recordings into *laps*. All Track's Splits will break down existing laps into *sectors*.

- Harry
Thanks. I was wondering what that did.
Tonyplod
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Tonyplod »

Sorry, Im still none the wiser.
I am fairly new at using this app, can you give me a step by step idiots guide to correcting the error , or is it an issue with the app?.
This was really frustrating, as I was trying to improve lap times whilst at the track, but not able to see the data due to this error.
Regards
Tony
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Tonyplod wrote:Sorry, Im still none the wiser.
I am fairly new at using this app, can you give me a step by step idiots guide to correcting the error , or is it an issue with the app?.
This was really frustrating, as I was trying to improve lap times whilst at the track, but not able to see the data due to this error.
Regards
Tony
O.k. Please export your full session recording to .hlptrl and send it to my (Harry@gps-laptimer.de). I will check for problems with the data and send instructions how to create lap break downs from it. To export the recording, follow this path: LapTimer ‣ Analysis ‣ Lap List ‣ you multi lap recording ‣ Export (bottom of page). Once the export dialog is coming up, please select the individual "lap" as the scope (so not track, session or all), and deselect all formats except ".hlptrl". Press Mail to mail.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Thanks for sending your data. Actually it looks fine and splits into laps using the standard Cartagena track set just fine.

Here are the steps to go through:
  1. LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Add-ons ‣ Circuito de Velocidad de Cartagena ‣ Load
  2. When asked, agree to replace the existing track set. When asked, agree to purge conflicting track sets.
  3. LapTimer ‣ Analysis ‣ Lap List ‣ select the 12:40.48 "lap"
  4. Scroll down to Data Recordings and find the Recalculate button.
  5. Select Verify Lap. When asked, select "Wide" as the corridor to use.
  6. You will get a message LapTimer found 6 laps, agree to split.
  7. LapTimer will ask you if the original recording should be kept - that's up to you.
The first of the three laps is incomplete. I recommend to remove it because it will considered the fastest lap and screw up predictive lap timing. The last lap is the cool down lap and ends in the pits. It is another candidate to purge.

I assume there has been a problem with the track sets - that's the reason I recommend to start with a clean load.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image