Talladega Gran Prix Raceway has wrong track

All discussions on existing and 'to be done' Track Sets
2nd_RX8
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Talladega Gran Prix Raceway has wrong track

Post by 2nd_RX8 »

Hi Harry,

TGPR is located in Alabama, yet the track coordinates are for a track in New Jersey? What can be done to correct this?

Thx

TomF
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Talladega Gran Prix Raceway has wrong track

Post by Harry »

Hi,

You are right, this trigger is completely wrong. I had a look into the latest Talladega GP track layout. It seems the Google Earth pictures are pretty outdated. As the start / finish moved to the north west - and the line changed here, I cannot correct this from here. Anyone around who recorded a lap there lately or can send the start / finish line position? I'll fix this on the server as soon as possible. Till then, please set your own trigger if you are on track (and send it to me ;-) ).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
foursevens
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by foursevens »

Harry - FYI little tally's points were working a week ago when I first loaded your software. Now it only has one point and I think it's hallet.
I need this fixed asap if possible. I'm running tgpr Dec 26 - first time with your software (by the way I bought your trainer too).

also what about bad lap times that people post? for example the top two for roebling is impossible at 1 minute flat - especially with a miata LOL
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

On the first point: I really can't fix this without some input from someone who is on site. Please remove the track set from LT and set your own trigger (check your app's Quick Reference or http://www.gps-laptimer.de/Tracks.html on a tutorial) to have it work when you are on site.

On the lap times: LapTimer has some mechanisms to filter the list. Firstly, only times recorded with a certified track set go in here. Furthermore, most of the tracks have an overall distance / length information included. When you press the distance filter button in the Hall of Fame, all laps recorded with a much shorter (or longer) distance will be removed from the list. This happens e.g. when the track is configured with a shortcut.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
foursevens
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by foursevens »

1) I'll try to get a good start/stop when I'm at TGP but it would be better to get the original points with the turns too - that way it's a better comparison with previous laps. Can you get those points back from backup?

2) Roebling doesn't have shortcut. There is no earthly way they were turning those times.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

I checked this again. I first thought the track layout has been changed so please ignore my first reply. Talladega has not yet been well designed yet. I checked a backup from 2010, it never had more than this 1 trigger. I add this to my list of things that can be done. In case you cannot wait, please use the tutorial I've sent you a link to and add the POIs as you need them. It is some work but actually not too complicated.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
2nd_RX8
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by 2nd_RX8 »

Harry,

I sent you an update for POI set certification back on Nov. 12th after confirming at TGPR. I used the 'Certify' feature which sends the data set to LapTimer@gmx.de.

Let me know if you need a resend, I never heard back.

Cheers!

TomF
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi Tom,

No, didn't get that. Just checked my archive. Please send again and I will try making in available soon.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
2nd_RX8
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by 2nd_RX8 »

Harry - just resent, let me know if not recv'd. Thx.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

No, did not receive anything so far. But I received messages from you in the past...
Please try Harald.Schlangmann at netcologne.de (with 'at' replaced) in addition.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image