Can I modify existing Track Set?

All discussions on existing and 'to be done' Track Sets
mbulls
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Can I modify existing Track Set?

Post by mbulls »

We run ChumpCar in the States. We are running a 14 Hour event on May 24th, 2015 at Daytona International Speedway. Late notice I know. Normally we run the Rolex Course which is an existing Track Set. They sent us our information packet last week and because they are working on turns 1 and 2 for Safer barriers, the Track wants us to run a modified course. I attached a map. Is it possible to take the existing Track Set and modify the POI for Turns 5,6,7 and 8? If so, please let me know how to do this.

I can submit a Google Map as a KML or KMZ if needed. Is it possible to get any help in the next day or so.

Thanks in advance,

Michael
Attachments
2015 Chump Car Daytona Course
2015 Chump Car Daytona Course
2015 Chump Car Daytona Course.JPG (216.82 KiB) Viewed 3428 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can I modify existing Track Set?

Post by Harry »

Monika will check the changed configuration. Due to the limited changes, you will actually be able to use the existing track set. The problem is you can't compare it to regular laps - it is shorter and faster.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
gplracerx
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by gplracerx »

Configuring Start/Finish must be tricky, as it needs to trip when you go through pit lane as well as when you're on the course.
Monika
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Monika »

Hi, I will add a separate configuration for this modified track version.
Usually laps through pit lane are not taken into account for time recording, only regular laps to make laps comparable.

Do I understand correct, that the green line is the correct circuit used ?

----------

The new configuration is available for download!
Please check it out via 'add-ons', 'Update' list via the button at the right top,
search for the track e.g. via 'Daytona Mid' and download the track.

- Monika
mbulls
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by mbulls »

Monika, that is correct, the Green line is the correct Circuit. ChumpCar used the yellow just to indicate the Pit Road. Thanks so much for creating this track and adding it. I just went and downloaded it. You guys are the best. That is why all of us continue to support Laptimer. You, Harry and the team are always responsive to our needs.

Thanks again for the quick service:-)

Michael