National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park

All discussions on existing and 'to be done' Track Sets
anjin1
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: National Corvette Museum Motorsports Park

Post by anjin1 »

Thank you Monika!! I have forwarded this update to the Corvette Museum crew for them to share the news with their membership. Will forward any track information we glean from next weekend.
Todd
rrankins
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rrankins »

Sounds like there's going to be quite a few of us Laptimer folks at the NCM HPDE this week.
Would like to try and meet up with some of you to get some tips on how you use the app since I'm still a bit new to it.
I'll be at the Meet and Greet dinner on Thursday night and running in HPDE 1 on Friday and Saturday.
I have a 2010 Yellow Grand Sport if you want to try and find me.

-Ray
Monika
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Monika »

-> if the crew is able to send me the gps coordinates of start/finish line, I can correct it before weekend ;-)
(tracks@gps-laptimer.de)

Otherwise, if one wants to collect correct positions: An easy way is to use the App's Assistant, select "new track", choose any name you like, walk to Start/Finish line and 'Set' it. This already creates a new track (with only that POI). Go to "Laps", choose this new track, and send the track to us via "certify".

If you are able to set more POIs like turns, it's best to choose the 'Map' view of the track, and use the 'plus' button top right to add a new POI. Choose Type "Information" für turns, "Trigger" only for splits. Key in a description and set a direction for triggers. You can move the new POI per fingertip to the correct position in the Map view. Finalised the new track? -> send it to us via 'Certify' button and I'll update the general NCM in our database.
You can save the created track, via sending the "certify" mail to yourself too.
Please just ensure, you use official positions, not individual one's only used for one event.

CLEAN UP YOUR LAP LIST afterwards: remove the new track from your track list, to avoid any issues with the orginial NCM track! If in doubt, just download the general NCM track one's again, if there are conflicts, the app will ask permission to remove the other track.

- Monika
Morris
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Morris »

that's top notch thanks for the super fast turnaround.
rrankins
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rrankins »

Not sure if this helps, but they just posted an in-car video of the track (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhGs4qAjso4#t=390) along with a map diagram linking the times in the video to the various corners on the map which I've attached to this message.

-Ray
Attachments
Grand_full_course.jpg
Grand_full_course.jpg (50.04 KiB) Viewed 4373 times
Monika
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by Monika »

Thanks, I updated the track accordingly - guess it is now correct.
Please update the circuit in your App via "Add-ons", 'Update' list via the button at the right top, search for the track e.g. via 'NCM' and download the new track. If you downloaded the old version, the app will ask for permission to remove the old POIs -> YES!

That's it - just start driving and I count on you posting lot's of cool videos with Harry's LapTimer :-)
- Monika

P.S.: The crazy picture of the new turns on current satellite picture:
Attachments
NCM Sat.jpg
NCM Sat.jpg (150.25 KiB) Viewed 4368 times
rrankins
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rrankins »

This is fantastic - thanks Monika!

-Ray
rrankins
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rrankins »

I tried using this track set yesterday, but it didn't seem to be picking up the start/finish trigger.
The first time, I manually started recording because they have us entering the track after the start/finish line.
It recorded, but didn't record the lap times, just one time for the whole session.
The second time I left it set to auto-start recording, but never started and didn't record anything.

Also, when I ran the overlay for the video I did capture, it didn't overlay any map nor did it include any of the ODB information.
Maybe I did something wrong, but I'll try again today.

I did bring up the map and walked over near the start/finish line (as close as I could get as we can't walkover into the pit lane right next to the start finish, so I was off the track a bit) and what is in the track map as the start/finish does appear to be in the correct location.

-Ray
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Did you drive the direction defined for the track? Clockwise / counterclockwise? Please check the FAQ on missed laps in the Troubleshooting forum too. It shows all common reasons this can happen.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Morris
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Morris »

I will give it a try today yesterday that frowned on us using timers