The FIRM in Starke, Florida

All discussions on existing and 'to be done' Track Sets
evotracker
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

The FIRM in Starke, Florida

Post by evotracker »

My wife and I will be doing an HPDE event at the FIRM (aka European Rally School) in Starke, Florida near Gainseville. This is a 1.6 mile roadcoarse that is run either clockwise or counterclockwise and may or may not include a shoebox in the configuration in either direction. I know we must create a track for each direction and maybe also to include/exclude the shoebox. this track is a little known track and is not in the library. It also does not come up on google earth. At the beginning of the day, there are a few orientation laps allowed. I would like to create the track map during the orientation laps. My wife will be driving. Please explain how I can manually create the track with at least a start/finish line and then save it and then load it for use during out actual runs.

thanks,
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The FIRM in Starke, Florida

Post by Harry »

Hi,

I'd suggest you simply use the "New Track" assistant. You start the assistant, select a name for the track ("FIRM"), walk *near* the start / finish line, and press the "Set" button. Once this is done, LapTimer will automatically record laps in either direction. Everything else is more sophisticated but not necessary. The full story is explained in the links below.

http://www.gps-laptimer.de/Trigger_Logik.html
http://www.gps-laptimer.de/Tracks.html

Hope that helps!

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
evotracker
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by evotracker »

Yes. thank you so much. Anxiously awaiting Petrol Head for Android!
MorningZ
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by MorningZ »

evotracker,

did you ever submit this track? I've been to this track twice since November and would dig to get it into the database to use this app
evotracker
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by evotracker »

MorningZ wrote:evotracker,

did you ever submit this track? I've been to this track twice since November and would dig to get it into the database to use this app
We have not been back since PetrolHead for Android came out. You can use the app as Harry suggested without loading the track. I am looking forward to going back there and using PHead.