Extract Track from existing data

All discussions on existing and 'to be done' Track Sets
tokyopav
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Extract Track from existing data

Post by tokyopav »

Hi,
I recorded a track with the manual start stop and really want to extract a track from the data. I know where the start and finish are with the overlaid video. Is there any way to extract a new track from the data.
Thanks
Pav
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Extract Track from existing data

Post by Harry »

That's actually not easy from within LapTimer as the data recording's GPS positions are not displayed. In case you know the first GPS position you recorded for a manual lap is the correct trigger position, just export that lap to .csv or .hlptrl Next, open that file and note the latitude and longitude values you see for the first fix (you will see them in pur decimal degree, e.g. 26.21361562). Within LapTimer, select decimal polar coordinate format in Settings. Create a trigger in any position and open the details. Edit both latitude and longitude to match the coordinates you took notes of above. Please check the position is valid by displaying in on the Map (there is a button in the bottom of POI Details).

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
tokyopav
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Extract Track from existing data

Post by tokyopav »

Harry wrote:That's actually not easy from within LapTimer as the data recording's GPS positions are not displayed. In case you know the first GPS position you recorded for a manual lap is the correct trigger position, just export that lap to .csv or .hlptrl Next, open that file and note the latitude and longitude values you see for the first fix (you will see them in pur decimal degree, e.g. 26.21361562). Within LapTimer, select decimal polar coordinate format in Settings. Create a trigger in any position and open the details. Edit both latitude and longitude to match the coordinates you took notes of above. Please check the position is valid by displaying in on the Map (there is a button in the bottom of POI Details).

- Harry
Great, I'll give that a try.
cheers