Dunsfold (Uk) Runway

All discussions on existing and 'to be done' Track Sets
**betsy**
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Dunsfold (Uk) Runway

Post by **betsy** »

Looking at doing some runs here in a few weeks, is there a map available?

Regards

Steve
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Dunsfold (Uk) Runway

Post by bulls23 »

That's the Top Gear test track right? Which layout will you be driving? The figure 8 like on Top Gear or the oval track like this:

http://www.dunsfoldpark.com/site-plan-me.html
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

I just made the track set for the Top Gear Test Track and it's on it's way to Harry for certification and online availability.
Couldn't find any info on th oval track though.
**betsy**
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by **betsy** »

Hi, It's at the same location but I'm purely running on the runway at Dunsfold...
I have found a video on You tube with the lay out but not been able to D/Load it?

http://youtu.be/xi5fwGXTqZQ

Steve
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

**betsy** wrote:Hi, It's at the same location but I'm purely running on the runway at Dunsfold...
I have found a video on You tube with the lay out but not been able to D/Load it?

http://youtu.be/xi5fwGXTqZQ

Steve
The track layout on the overlay isn't just some pixel graphic. It's actually a vector of all GPS fixes recorded during that specific lap. You can also log your way to work and you will get such a track trace and your way to work will probably also not be in Harry's database ;) I watched the video, the person who recorded it simply used the manual start stop function of laptimer without downloading a track set. If the event you are attending is the same (standing start, drag race over the runway, slowly driving back to start), thats probably the way to go.
You might also want to take a look at the Auto X function of laptimer. That way you could set up a standing start trigger and a finish line trigger. Laptimer would only record the runs over the runway and you would be able to compare times. Look for "Standing GO" in this doc:

http://www.gps-laptimer.com/LapTimerDoc ... iggers.pdf
**betsy**
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by **betsy** »

So if I go into classic mode, hit Video and then start, it will map this all out for me as I go?
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

Yes
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The track set is online now. Please update your track list in LapTimer to get it.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
**betsy**
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by **betsy** »

Hi Harry, Is it possible to add a 'Track' purely for the long runway, or would you also advise lining up on the start and pressing start in video mode?
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

**betsy** wrote:Hi Harry, Is it possible to add a 'Track' purely for the long runway, or would you also advise lining up on the start and pressing start in video mode?
As I said before, if you know where the staring and finishing points are (GPS coordinates or visible lines on runway via Google Earth etc.), you could set it up yourself (or again I would do it) and then have comparable run times. I don't know Harry's opinion on adding "drag strips" to the track database. Usually those kind of events provide an own timing. Then I guess it should be at least a regular event at Dunsfold, using identical start / finish points for the runway each time, else it wouldn't really make sense to put it in the database.