Dunsfold (Uk) Runway

All discussions on existing and 'to be done' Track Sets
xps911
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Re: Dunsfold (Uk) Runway

Post by xps911 »

bulls23 wrote:I just made the track set for the Top Gear Test Track and it's on it's way to Harry for certification and online availability.
Couldn't find any info on th oval track though.
how can i race around the top gear track and not be a celebrity ? :)
bulls23
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by bulls23 »

That's why I asked for the layout right at the beginning ;) and maybe you are in fact a celebrity. Haven't ever heard about an event on the Top Gear test track layout...except on GT5...would be one person at a time because of the figure 8 layout though...or all at the same time and destruction derby :lol: Maybe they will now feature HLT on Top Gear because of the available track set and the Stig might recommend it :mrgreen:
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Actually I like the idea Stig or one of these crazy Top Gear guys use LapTimer. :-) So in case you are a celebrity talking to them regularly, please promo it! :-D

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
**betsy**
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by **betsy** »

OK, I tried a manual recording on the road today but it didn't plot a 'Track' when playing back the video overlay?
I can see a green dot at the bottom of the screen but this doesn't move or run on a track line?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

This is usually due to bad GPS data. Please watch the lap in LapTimer's Data Recording area (i.e. Lap List -> Lap -> Preview), do you get a valid shape here? And make sure you have 17.0.7 installed, there has been a recent fix to track area selection.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
**betsy**
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by **betsy** »

Not sure?
I tried it several times with the same outcome?
V17.0.7
I had 4 Green bars also.

What is the best way to simple use the video function on the fly?
**betsy**
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by **betsy** »

No valid shape in preview either?
iPhone 4S 32GB
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

This means there is a problem with the GPS recording. Please export the lap to .hlptrl or .kml and send it to Harry@gps-laptimer.de Please add a note so I can associate it with this discussion,

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
**betsy**
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by **betsy** »

Emails sent

Regards
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi,

I ran some tests to understand what is going on. Initially I couldn't reproduce - both sample laps sent showed up in preview and video just fine. Once I loaded the Dunsfold track set things changed - the preview has been largely empty with only some pixels in the lower area drawn (not visible in video as they were covered by the green dot). So what happens? Whenever LapTimer is asked to display a lap, it calculates the "bounding box" of this lap. The bounding box is calculated using the smallest rectangle (in terms of polar coordinates) covering all lap GPS fixes (i.e. the actual plot) and all POIs the corresponding track set includes. As your recordings were not on track but somewhere outside, the bounding box has been stretched to cover both Dunsfield AND the test drives - making it pretty big with the lap resulting in some pixels only.

To not run into this issue do the following: add only laps to track sets defined using POIs, that are really on this track. In case you drive / record random plots, add these laps to a track set like "Unspecified" and make sure this track set has no POIs associated. Alternatively, if you want to repeatedly record a "track" not being predefined (e.g. way to work), add a separate track with matching recordings and POIs.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image