off site track creation

All discussions on existing and 'to be done' Track Sets
psych0hans
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

off site track creation

Post by psych0hans »

Is it possible to create a track without actually being there? I'm going to do a track school at Kari speedway in Coimbatore and I was wondering if I could create the track before actually going there.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: off site track creation

Post by Harry »

Yes, please check the description available here: http://www.gps-laptimer.de/Tracks.html

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
psych0hans
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by psych0hans »

Is setting a start/stop trigger enough, or do I need to set POIs also? My main problem is that I have apple maps as standard and it SUCKS! It would be so much easier to do on google maps...
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Depends on the region - Apple Maps have improved a lot over the last month. A single start / stop trigger is fine for your personal use, but not for certification. POIs give you nice insets on overlaid videos, so you may add them later - but ahead of overlaying your footage.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
psych0hans
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by psych0hans »

Hi Harry, yesterday, with the help of google earth, I managed to create a set of POIs for Kari speedway and have submitted it for certification. I'm sure I would have messed up somewhere; can you please check it and give it a once over? I'm on my way there now and will be riding tomorrow. Cheers!!!!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi, I looks o.k. Splits are positioned best at the of straights - ahead of the braking point. So you may move the split? I will not be able to add the track within the next days. On case you want to share it with others, just send the certification mail to them. Long pressing the attachment will import the track set to LapTimer.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
psych0hans
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by psych0hans »

Thanks for the reply Harry. I actually make the whole map using google earth. I just hope it actually works at the actual track... Lol if you can make some changes to improve it, please look into it. Thanks in advance.