Buddh Intentional Circuit Track addition

All discussions on existing and 'to be done' Track Sets
psych0hans
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Buddh Intentional Circuit Track addition

Post by psych0hans »

Hi, I was at buddh International circuit yesterday and had an amazing track day. What was a real rainshower on the even was the lack of lap timing. Despite having Harry's lap timer pro installed and trying my level best to set up the track, I didn't manage to get any lap timing for the event. All I landed up getting was the video without any overlay. It seems to me I'll have to physically step on to the start line and set the trigger point, and at this track it really wasn't possible. Can anyone please try making this track and adding it to the database?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Buddh Intentional Circuit Track addition

Post by Harry »

Do you have laps in Lap List?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
psych0hans
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by psych0hans »

Harry wrote:Do you have laps in Lap List?

- Harry
Yes sir, I do.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

So there is probably no problem at all :-) LapTimer stores lap and data recording in its database - that's what you see in Lap List. Video recorded in parallel are "raw" videos - although you see a preview on a later overlaid video in Video View. This means you need to join data recordings and video back in the pits or at home: select any lap showing both data recordings and a raw video, and press the "Overlay" button to create the final high quality overlaid video. You find the Overlay button here: Lap Timer ‣ Lap List ‣ the lap ‣ Lap Details ‣ Preview Let us know if this has been the missing step. And do not forget to submit your track set!

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

So there is probably no problem at all :-) LapTimer stores lap and data recording in its database - that's what you see in Lap List. Video recorded in parallel are "raw" videos - although you see a preview on a later overlaid video in Video View. This means you need to join data recordings and video back in the pits or at home: select any lap showing both data recordings and a raw video, and press the "Overlay" button to create the final high quality overlaid video. You find the Overlay button here: Lap Timer ‣ Lap List ‣ the lap ‣ Lap Details ‣ Preview Let us know if this has been the missing step. And do not forget to submit your track set!

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
psych0hans
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by psych0hans »

Harry wrote:So there is probably no problem at all :-) LapTimer stores lap and data recording in its database - that's what you see in Lap List. Video recorded in parallel are "raw" videos - although you see a preview on a later overlaid video in Video View. This means you need to join data recordings and video back in the pits or at home: select any lap showing both data recordings and a raw video, and press the "Overlay" button to create the final high quality overlaid video. You find the Overlay button here: Lap Timer ‣ Lap List ‣ the lap ‣ Lap Details ‣ Preview Let us know if this has been the missing step. And do not forget to submit your track set!

- Harry
Hi Harry, The problem is, there is no data recording. I know about the overlay feature what I have is only the raw video with no lap timing etc... :( I tried setting the triggers but it didn't work and I only landed up with the video, no overlay. In "laps" it's showing "0" laps.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

So I did not understand your answer correctly (I asked "Do you have laps in Lap List?")... In this case an overlay is certainly not possible. Please send me whatever you have defined for your track buddh International circuit and I will check. In Lap List, navigate to Buddh... and select the row below the section header. Press "Certify" to send the trigger you have defined to me.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
rscliofan
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by rscliofan »

I think that's the issue Harry. There is no track set and whilst he tried to set a stop/go trigger it wasn't detected so he has no data recorded.
psych0hans
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by psych0hans »

Harry wrote:So I did not understand your answer correctly (I asked "Do you have laps in Lap List?")... In this case an overlay is certainly not possible. Please send me whatever you have defined for your track buddh International circuit and I will check. In Lap List, navigate to Buddh... and select the row below the section header. Press "Certify" to send the trigger you have defined to me.

- Harry
Sent. Good luck with version 17. Totally looking forward to integration with the gopro. I might buy a Hero3 black, just to hook it up with your software. But you really need to help me with this track thing :( I'm generally quiet savvy with technology, but this lap thing really has me stumped. Thanks in advance.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

A full definition for BIC is online now. Please refresh your Tracks list and search for "Buddh" or BIC.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image