Bluetooth Internal TPMS Sensors

All topics around external tire management systems (TPMS, TTMS, TMS)
doctorb
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Bluetooth Internal TPMS Sensors

Post by doctorb »

Hi y'all !
I was wondering whether anyone has experimented with internal TPMS (and TTMS) sensors that are typically connected to valve stems.
Most available use a specific radio frequency, which a smart phone cannot receive, but some use BT 4.0 at 2.4 GHz and typically link to a phone app.
Here is an example:
www.amazon.de/-/en/Bluetooth-Pressure-C ... ve&sr=1-81
Is it safe to assume, that HLT should be able to read their signals?
doctorb
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Re: Bluetooth Internal TPMS Sensors

Post by doctorb »

schluerfi1978
20 or more Posts ★★★
20 or more Posts ★★★

Post by schluerfi1978 »

Hi all,

I recently bought such a set of internal VC601 Bluetooth sensors like posted by doctorb.

Originally, the supplier provides an app. To pair and properly assign the 4 sensors to the correct position in this app, you have to put the app into a scanning mode and inflate the tires in a given sequence.

As I'm not planning to use that app and rather want to include the sensors into HLT, I'm wondering how the pairing and assigning procedure in HLT needs to be run?

With best regards,
Michael
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hello,

LapTimer will detect VC601 sensors automatically. VC601 do not really connect but instead send a broadcast to anyone around listening. As they broadcast their status infrequently, it may take some minutes until you get all four displayed.

Make sure BT is enabled in general and BT LE is enabled in LapTimer. See Sensor List. It will issue a warning in case BT LE is disabled in Expert Settings.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image