HP based on GPS & vehicle parameters only

All topics around Harry's Dyno app and performance testing functions in LapTimer GrandPrix
wdonovan
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

HP based on GPS & vehicle parameters only

Post by wdonovan »

Hi. I am looking for a GPS based measurement of power / torque based on known vehicle parameters. The car is a bike engined sports racer and has no provision for OBD (wish it did). I looked for a dyno app and yours came up. I already have the Grand Prix edition of lap timer and have enjoyed using it for a couple years.

I read your following reply to a user last year regarding using the dyno features in the Lap TImer app to calculate power / torque.
"It is possible to derive power from acceleration, vehicle mass etc, this mode is not supported by Dyno / LapTimer currently."

Is this saying that the separate dyno app does not support this type of calculations presently or the dyno feature of the Lap Timer app? If dyno does not, is this planned for the near future? My choices are quite limited and if you have an app that works for me I would prefer it over one of the maybe only 2 other available apps.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: HP based on GPS & vehicle parameters only

Post by Harry »

Hi,

Firstly, Dyno does nothing your GP does not. With GP you have it all.
The state for power calculation has not changed yet, it is not planned for v22 either.
Not forgotten, but not scheduled.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image