How to use Dyno?

All topics around Harry's Dyno app and performance testing functions in LapTimer GrandPrix
SwedishGTR
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

How to use Dyno?

Post by SwedishGTR »

I have Dyno functionality included in my Harry's Laptimer Grand Prix edition. I have used the lap timer for many years, however not the Dyno functionality. I have a Dual XGPS160 external GPS and a GoPoint BT1 OBD device.

Some questions:

1) I'm still asked to define a track, and if I'm not near the track the app is in "not ready mode". As I make my performance measurement on the normal street (i.e. anywhere and no specific location) I can't define a track. How to get around.

2) Where in the settings do I select which device that measures the speed (the OBD or the GPS, either internal or external)?

3) I assume OBD gives best accuracy for Dyno use - correct?

4) My GoPoint BT1 has a 4 Hz update frequency. Is that OK? Or should I adjust in the settings (and if so where)?

5) I have bluetooth connection issues between my iPhone X and my GoPoint BT1. I can connect them but I need to re-boot and do all kinds of things. Is the GoPoint BT1 getting a bit old (I have had it for many years and if worked better on my earlier iPhones).

6) How, and where, can I analyse my 0-100 km/h times in detail (hair cross etc.)?

Thanks in advance.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to use Dyno?

Post by Harry »

1) Ignore it. While in Performance View, this warning could actually be disabled.
2) Wheel speed is used when available. The rest is as usual: while an external sensor is connected, corresponding internal sensors are turned off.
3) Yes.
4) You can try turning on Multi CAN Requests in Expert Settings. v22 will come with auto-optimizations, you can wait for this too.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
SwedishGTR
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by SwedishGTR »

As to my question 5), see response below from GoPoint’s support team. Probably calls for a revison of recommended OBD devices.

iOS 11 has been a struggle. Hardware compatibility was an issue but the BT1A is approved. All the Gopoint Technology Apps needed to be modified. GP Auto, GP Drive, BT1 and the Gopoint App are working on iOS 11.
The BT1A is compatible with iOS 11 but the BT1 will need to be returned to the factory for upgrade.
Best regards,

Tod Hamilton
GoPoint Technology Support Team
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Thanks for the feedback, I haven’t been aware of these issues so far

6) Navigate to Lap List (in LapTimer GP) and select one of the recordings performed in Performance = Dyno Mode. Touch Data Recordings / Preview to get to the analytics area.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
SwedishGTR
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by SwedishGTR »

Harry wrote:1)
4) You can try turning on Multi CAN Requests in Expert Settings. v22 will come with auto-optimizations, you can wait for this too.

- Harry

Under CAN Multi requests there are 4 options; 2/3 PIDs and adaptive/minimim. Which combo should I opt for?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

3 PIDs / adaptive
Image Image Image Image
SwedishGTR
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by SwedishGTR »

Despite GoPoint's claimed issues with iOS 11 compatibility, I have managed to get my old BT1 to work with my iPhone X. I still only get sub-standard update rates though (max 4 Hz, typically 2-3 Hz). And it doesn't help if I try to tweak the CAN Multi Request settings.

So long so good, the BT1 works and it is picked up by my Laptimer Grand Prix app. However when I also installed the separate Dyno app (despite the fact that I already have the Dyno functionality in my Laptimer app) that app doesn't pick up the BT1, despite it being connected to the phone via bluetooth (and despite that the Laptimer app picks it up). What is the reason for this?

Thanks.

Per
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

That’s not as expected. Please try again.

Harry
Image Image Image Image
Zaudi_Jo
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Zaudi_Jo »

Hey, I bought the Garmin GLO 2

I have an Android 10 (Huawei Mate 10 Pro) and an Apple IPhone 11 Pro.
With wich one I better buy Dyno?
Wich one will do 10Hz?

I have your LapTimer on my Android and it showed a range from 8 to 10 Hz mostly 9/10

On IOS same good?
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Please install the free Harry's GPS/OBD Buddy on your iPhone. Check the rate using it. Dyno will come with precisely the same rate.

Functionally Dyno is mostly the same on Android and iOS. The iOS version comes with a few gimmicks on top - like dark and bright modes.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image