SkyPro XGPS160 - Dyno not ready

All topics around Harry's Dyno app and performance testing functions in LapTimer GrandPrix
Cascade2nd
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

SkyPro XGPS160 - Dyno not ready

Post by Cascade2nd »

Hi

Just received my SkyPro yesterday. It links correct with the Dyno app but the status allways says "not ready". When clicking on the red infos, the GPS position and the Accuracy is highlighted red. But the SkyPro app states 14 sattelites and 3d position fix.

The courious thing is, when using GPS buddy, it links to the SkyPro and singal is green and it updates the display.

When clicking on Administration/Sensors/Dual XGPS info (the i) and then Info, it states, that there were no received datasets and the update rates are 0 (0/0/0/0 Hz). But when doing the same in GPS Buddy, it says

Received NMEA Sets: GGA, RMC, GS, GSV
Update Rates: 31/11/11/0 Hz

What am i doing wrong? When i switch off the location service on the iPhone (my device), nothing changes....

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SkyPro XGPS160 - Dyno not ready

Post by Harry »

Please kill the SkyPro app, it will access the XGPS device in parallel - which doesn't work (exclusive access only).
Harry's apps all disconnect when sent to background, so they will never disturb each other or other apps.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
Cascade2nd
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by Cascade2nd »

Hi

That did not work :-(

I can also use GPS Buddy and SkyPro app in parrallel and it works. Only in Dyno i have the problems. Attached 3 Screenshots to show the problem. One Screenshot is from GPS Buddy and the other two are from Dyno
Attachments
GPS Buddy
GPS Buddy
IMG_0226.jpg (37.51 KiB) Viewed 5214 times
Sensor Information
Sensor Information
IMG_0225.jpg (31.02 KiB) Viewed 5214 times
Dyno Status
Dyno Status
IMG_0224.jpg (73.81 KiB) Viewed 5214 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

I think I know what the problem is. It is the Dual firmware version. While I had updated Buddy and all LapTimer Editions end of November, Dyno did not receive the named update. Support for late Dual firmware has been part of this last maintenance release.

The fix will be added to Dyno v21, it will get available mid of April. In case you own any LapTimer edition, please apply for beta participation (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4191). As the beta will include an upgrade to GP, it will include Dyno functionality too. The first beta will get available latest in one week.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image