GPS Buddy with Ducati

This forum covers all topics on Harry's GPS Buddy
Aussieduc
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

GPS Buddy with Ducati

Postby Aussieduc » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:48 am

Hi Team,

Hope you can help me with some pointers trying to connect ELM327 Wifi OBD-II to a Ducati Panigale.

I am trying to engine information and I have bought engine add-on.

The GPS Buddy app recognises that there is a KiwiWifi OBD connector (green status) , but tells me there is an issue with 'OBD Update rate' (gives me a red status and therefore app says its 'not ready'

I have attached a screen shot for further information if it helps of codes and feeds from app....

IM trying to make sure this works before I purchase GP edition of lap timer as I assume this app uses all the telemetry and feeds etc as does Lap Timer....

Regards and thanks

Mark
Attachments
Screen Shot OBD Buddy.pdf
Screen Shot of messages..
(119.84 KiB) Downloaded 303 times

Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GPS Buddy with Ducati

Postby Harry » Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:23 am

According to the screenshot, there are no PIDs exchanged currently. I assume you had the engine running while taking this snapshot? If not, please try again. Otherwise I assume Ducati is not fully implementing the OBD II standard (not mandatory for motorbikes) and / or the dongle is not compatible with your bike. Please check viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1500 for the debugging process. In case you are using one of the Chinese Knock Offs instead of a genuine adapter, please try the good ones.

- Harry

Image Image Image Image

Return to “GPS Buddy”