GPS Buddy with Ducati

This forum covers all topics on Harry's GPS Buddy
Aussieduc
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

GPS Buddy with Ducati

Post by Aussieduc »

Hi Team,

Hope you can help me with some pointers trying to connect ELM327 Wifi OBD-II to a Ducati Panigale.

I am trying to engine information and I have bought engine add-on.

The GPS Buddy app recognises that there is a KiwiWifi OBD connector (green status) , but tells me there is an issue with 'OBD Update rate' (gives me a red status and therefore app says its 'not ready'

I have attached a screen shot for further information if it helps of codes and feeds from app....

IM trying to make sure this works before I purchase GP edition of lap timer as I assume this app uses all the telemetry and feeds etc as does Lap Timer....

Regards and thanks

Mark
Attachments
Screen Shot OBD Buddy.pdf
Screen Shot of messages..
(119.84 KiB) Downloaded 616 times
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: GPS Buddy with Ducati

Post by Harry »

According to the screenshot, there are no PIDs exchanged currently. I assume you had the engine running while taking this snapshot? If not, please try again. Otherwise I assume Ducati is not fully implementing the OBD II standard (not mandatory for motorbikes) and / or the dongle is not compatible with your bike. Please check viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1500 for the debugging process. In case you are using one of the Chinese Knock Offs instead of a genuine adapter, please try the good ones.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
landrenesen
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by landrenesen »

In fact seems thai Ducati uses OBD not II. I tried many times to connect it to my 848, lady time i tried, Harry's LT Petrolhead, displayed a msg. Saying that the frequency of the data sent from my Ducati are too low. That make me thing to try a lower Baud than the minimum allowed by HLT. Is it possible to allow to GPS BUDDY a lowest Baud rate than the actual?
Dear Harry, may you think how many moto riders and pilots and teams you make happy solving these issues?
Please help us, i got a Club with 200 entusiasts ready to your fantastic app!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

The "too low" addresses the effective rate at which OBD II parameters are arriving, not a low level rate like the baud rate.

I'd really like to support non OBD II motorbikes, but in absence of a common standard it is near impossible to create reasonable coverage for hardware manufacturers (of any type of OBD or other adapters) and LapTimer.

For "nearly OBD II" ports, it is sometimes possible to tweak the system so it accepts input (viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1500). In case a completely different interface is used, only custom hardware can help (viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2748).

- Harald
Image Image Image Image