These automatic backups are stored locally and visible as "System Backup" in Administration ‣ Databases.
NB: Uninstalling LapTimer will purge all local data too. Please create external backups after each track day manually:
- Administration ‣ Database ‣ Backup
In case you want to return to one of these backups when running into a database corruption, or when you find a Lap List with demo laps only, please follow the steps below to recover your data.
- Make sure you have a reasonable amount of free memory available, 0.5 GB or more recommended.
- Navigate to Administration ‣ Databases
- Scroll down to the latest backup showing a reasonable number of laps
- For iOS, swipe that row to the left and select Recover
- For Android, long press that row and select Recover
- In case this step is successful, your current database will be replaced by the backup.
- To verify everything is fine select Check Data until it reports no problems.
- In case recovery fails at some point, repeat the procedure with the second latest backup (see step 3) etc.