- [iOS11] As usual, new iOS versions introduce some issues that need to be worked around. For iOS11, we have received some reports in crashes and error messages when using LapTimer's real time overlay (Play) as well for Data Recordings. Most problems have been reproduced and will be fixed in v21.1.0.
- [HERO Session 4] Some reports on connection problems with HERO 4 Session cams. Problem has not been reproduced so far, I am working on this.
- [iOS8.3 and later, MultiCam app] Since iOS8.3 (probably a minor version earlier), we face issues with establishing and maintaining a stable connection between LapTimer and the iOS MultiCam app. There are several problem reports with the iOS connectivity framework which should actually work with Bluetooth and/or WiFi device 2 device connections. Workaround: several reports suggest connections work better when both devices have WiFi and Bluetooth enabled and are connected to the same WiFi network. To realize the later, one can use the tethering mode of the device connected to the Internet. I plan to replace iOS's framework completely for a future major version. This is both to get back control and to allow mixed Android / iOS scenarios.
- [iOS] For some users, LapTimer is getting slow and stops working when triggering access to the Media Library. The library is accessed for the following views: Vehicle Details (to allow addition of car pictures), Video List, Video Details, Overlay Configuration. LapTimer v19.0.16 and later has a fix included working for almost all users. There is currently one known case for a media library with more than 1000 videos, so we still keep this item for rare cases. Workaround: turn off access to Photo library for LapTimer in iOS ‣ Settings ‣ Privacy ‣ Photos. In parallel, we will work with some users facing this issues to find a better solution.
- [iOS and Android] When selecting a lap from the Laps chart (Data Recording or LapTimer ‣ Analysis ‣ top diagram), LapTimer displays a short version of the lap's characteristics. When selecting "Detail" to get the full detail, several operation can lead to wrong displays and crashes: deleting the lap, recursing into Data Recording ‣ Laps and Details again Workaround: don't do it. This path will be blocked in one of the next bugfix releases.
- [Selected Android smartphones, LapTimer v20] Hardware overlaying receives buggy frame layout information from Android and mixes up coloring or crashes. Workaround: switch to Software based overlaying in Expert Settings.
Issues solved lately
- [late iOS, XGPS160] There are reports the XGPS160 has connection problems or disconnects after some time for late iOS versions. Although not a LapTimer issue, this item is listed here. Workaround: Dual provided me with beta versions of firmware 2.4.5 and 3.4.5 (select the version matching your XGPS model) which probably address the named issues. Please use on your own risk, this is a beta version only. A PC is required to install this firmware version.
- [iOS10 and later, VBOX Sport] VBOX configuration seems to be broken for late iOS 10 versions. Looks like another issue with iOS's EAAccessory integration of Mfi devices, Racelogic's in particular. Fixed in v21.0.10.
- [Andoid, VBO Export] LapTimer crashes when exporting to VBO for several users. Pattern this problem occurs is not yet clarified. Fixed in v21.0.10.
- [iOS, LapTimer Petrolhead v21.0.5] Export / Overlay is a no-op. Real time overlays are working. This issue has been fixed for v21.0.6.
- [iOS, versions older than 10.0] App crashes during startup. Workaround: update to version 10.3.1. This issue has been fixed for v21.0.5.
- [Android 6] In case LapTimer is installed to a Android 6 or later device, permissions need to be confirmed individually. For former Android versions, all permissions were granted during installation. While most permissions are requested when needed, a request for storage permission is missing when exporting data. This issue has been fixed for v21.
- [LG G3, Android 6] This models delivers corrupted NMEA sentences. LapTimer will show no position information and will not work. Starting with LapTimer v20.2.3, all LG G3 are blacklisted for NMEA access and will fall back to Android's location service instead. This hides some GPS details, but works otherwise.
- [iOS10, external WiFi sensors] Detection of local WiFi sensors (like OBDLink MX WiFi) is broken in iOS10. The system reports any connection as a WAN (instead of WiFi) connection - which makes LapTimer skip local discovery. This issue is fixed in LapTimer v20.1.1, please update from AppStore.
- [iOS10, all iPad models] The Load Track assistant does not bring up the list of tracks as expected. This issue is fixed in LapTimer v20.1.1, please update from AppStore.
- [iOS, LapTimer v20.0.0] In case LapTimer triggers a database check during startup (e.g. after crashing), this check may crash the app again. This issue is fixed in version 20.0.1, please update from AppStore.
- [iOS, iPhones 4 to 5S, LapTimer v20.0.0] I received several bug reports LapTimer is crashing when a lap is started (triggered and manually). This occurs for selected processor architecture only and is due to a long existing bug in the C compiler used. This issue is fixed in version 20.0.3, please update from AppStore.
- [Android 5.1 or later, LapTimer v20.0.1, v20.0.2] Several reports on crashes at 99% or 100% of hardware overlay. This issue is fixed in version 20.0.3, please update from PlayStore.
- [iOS, LapTimer v20.0.0] Relinking GoPro videos for a lap crashes LapTimer. This issue is fixed in version 20.0.3, please update from AppStore.
- [Android and iOS, MultiCam] When sending the app to background with internal and/or external cams enabled, LapTimer will not handle the state correctly when being pulled forward again. This results in connection issues with external cams. Workaround: Disable Video Operation before backgrounding the app. This issue is fixed in version 20.0.8, please update from PlayStore / AppStore.
- [Android and iOS] When recording a video in background, video orientation for the internal cam is not initialized correctly. This issue is fixed in version 20.0.11, please update from PlayStore / AppStore. To rotate existing videos upside down, please read viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3723#p19007 for a fix action.
- [LapTimer v20] There are reports lap recordings are stopped in random positions of the lap and marked as "incomplete". It seems this issue is related to LapTimer v20's mechanism to stop ongoing recordings when back in the pits. This issue has been related to an OBD initialization problem. It is fixed in version 20.0.17, please update from PlayStore / AppStore.