[FAQ] Preparing iOS and GoPro MultiCam Devices for Recording

Collection of all FAQs and HOW-TOs posted throughout the system. Read only.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: [FAQ] Preparing iOS and GoPro MultiCam Devices for Recor

Post by Harry »

The configuration with a 5S as master running LapTimer Grand Prix and a 4S running iOS6 or 7 works fine. I tested it this morning. When you change into the Video View (i.e. press the Video button in e.g. Timer) you should see a white cam in the status gadget with a (very small) gray blinking dot. Do you see that?

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
mcclungq
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by mcclungq »

Thanks for trying this out. Mine shows the Red X over the camera in video mode. I don't think I'll be able to use the MultiCam feature unless I swap my phone. I'm pretty certain I'm following the process correctly.
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

That is strange... Just to make sure we have the same picture: you switch to Video View (i. e. the view shooing you a preview of the video overlay - i.e. a life video with some overlay elements) and get the red crossed cam in the status bar? This actually means the cam is not in autostart mode / disabled. Do you get a splash message "Video recording will start automatically when Start / Finish is passed!" when entering Video View? Do you get a small alert sign to the right of the video icon? In case see the alert, what is it telling you when touching it?

Sorry for the unstructured approach, but I miss a good idea how this status can actually happen...

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
mcclungq
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by mcclungq »

After a long evening on the telephone with ATT and Apple Care and a subsequent visit to the Genius Bar, Apple gave me a new 5S. After a painstaking restore of everything the app works perfectly. All sensors working great. Thanks for looking into my issue. I was suspicious about my phone as there were other quirks. I should be all ready for another year of HPDE. Awesome App!
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Thanks for reporting, I really don't like unresolved issues in LapTimer. :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
xrednax
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by xrednax »

hi harry,

is it now possible to turn off the iphone video recording (GP v17.5.5) and use only multicam (gopro hero 3). i didn´t found it and you announced it for version 17.5. and by the way, is it possible to control more then one gopro.

thanks and have a nice fasching

alexander
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Hi Alexander,

For many users the request to turn off the internal cam has been due to the video view disturbing while driving. Since background recording has been introduced (i.e. video records while e.g the Timer view is visible), this feature has not received a lot of votes and I re-prioritized it in favor of other features. My recommendation is to set the internal cam to SD resolution to not use a lot of space. This feature is planned for v19 now (LapTimer road map).

HEROs cannot join a common wifi currently. This means it is not possible to control more than 1 at a time. For their remote control, they seem to utilize a private protocol not available in apps. I have raised a feature request to GoPro to allow something like this in the future. :-)

- Harry
Image Image Image Image
xrednax
Fewer than 10 Posts
Fewer than 10 Posts

Post by xrednax »

hi harry,

thanks for the quick answer. i do so, turn video to low res to sve space. nothing what realy matters.

alex
AEsco48
10 or more Posts ★
10 or more Posts ★

Post by AEsco48 »

Hello.

I am having issues with the app and my phone locking up.

V17.5.5 and GP 3+ HD3.11.02.00

Set up a track around my block. Auto start works fine. After I go into the lap list. Select a lap, delete the master file, link the GoPro video (imported via the GoPro app), do the overlay and then either the whole phone freezes immediately or shortly after. If I lock the screen it freezes with the screen blank/black. Only way to get the phone going again is to to a hard reset. After the reset the video with overly is in the photo album and works fine.

Thx
Harry
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Harry »

Not a known problem... Which iOS and phone versions do you use? Do you get the same behavior when restarting the phone directly ahead of another overlay (press Revert to make the raw video the current video again)? I freezing phone is always a signal there is a problem on OS level. As LapTimer rund pretty intensive media operations while overlaying, this is most probably the area to look into.

- Harry
Image Image Image Image